Thread: Webdav + Nautilus = Forbidden

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Webdav + Nautilus = Forbidden

I've installed webdav on my server and I can access it fine through cadaver. However, when I try to access it via nautilus, I get Forbidden. It is NOT secured (SSL). When I try to access it via firefox, I get an error since I DO NOT have "Options Indexes" in my apache config file. If I add this option in, then I can browse the root direction and webdav folder via firefox, but still not from nautilus. Please let me know what other information you need. I've googled and searched the forums for awhile, but not "solutions" I found have worked for me.

I want the webdav folder to just be a single folder within the direction, so this is how I have my config file setup:

Code:
    <VirtualHost *:80>
           ServerName (servername_here)
           ServerAlias (servername_here)
           DocumentRoot /var/www/web

<Directory /var/www/web>
                    #Options Indexes Multiviews
                    AllowOverride None
                    Order allow,deny
                    allow from all
           </Directory>

Alias /webdav /var/www/web/webdav

<Location /webdav>
                    DAV On
                    AuthType Basic
                    AuthName "webdav"
                    AuthUserFile /var/www/web/passwd.dav
                    Require valid-user
           </Location>
           LogLevel warn
           ErrorLog /var/log/apache2/error.log
           CustomLog /var/log/apache2/access.log vhost_combined
    </VirtualHost>
    As a side-note...when I included "Option Indexes", it allowed me to view the passwd.dav file from firefox! That doesn't seem very good...

Thanks!
    Last edited by Spectre5; February 20th, 2010 at 10:52 AM.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: Webdav + Nautilus = Forbidden

I tried making some edits to make webdavs work over SSL instead...I'm getting the exact same results. It works over cadaver and firefox, NOT nautilus....

Beans

Any luck with this? I'm having same problem.

Your password file is showing up because you placed it in your web root. Place it somewhere outside the web root, but in a place that Apache can still read, and that problem will go away.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Ya - I still have this problem. I did move that password file...I thought it was stupid to put it there but I was just blindly doing what the tutorial told me

If you find a solutions, PLEASE come back and let me know...I'll do the same. I'm still searching...

My guess is it is some sort of permissions issues...just don't know what. I've tried a lot of things to no avail.

I had a friend try connecting from Windowz Vista and he said it returned this message: "The folder you entered does not appear to be valid. Please choose another."

So I'm stuck for the moment

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

I recall having a similar problem. I can't recall exactly as I have stopped using webdav. If memory serves me, I believe I was able to connect using, Places>connect to network>choose webdav as the server. If I filled in the username it would not work. If I left the field blank, the server would return a query for the credentials, and I could then connect.

I think there is a bug in Nautilus.

Hope this helps.
    Nothing is ever easy, but if it is difficult you must be doing it wrong.