Thread: Ubuntu one & Single sign on??

Beans

Angry Ubuntu one & Single sign on??

Unbuntu one has reworked there sign on system to use the ubuntu sso system. Having a previous launch pad account i was able to log in, though all it really did was try to force a sso account on me based on my lauch pad information. Due to the nature of launch pad openId, there was false hope that ubuntu one would start to take them in more freely. Now friends of mine that where waiting to try the service with there existing openId; are switching to other hosters. i too am staring to look at others that provide a static agreement and account.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: Ubuntu one & Single sign on??

Quote Originally Posted by vashman View Post
    Unbuntu one has reworked there sign on system to use the ubuntu sso system. Having a previous launch pad account i was able to log in, though all it really did was try to force a sso account on me based on my lauch pad information. Due to the nature of launch pad openId, there was false hope that ubuntu one would start to take them in more freely. Now friends of mine that where waiting to try the service with there existing openId; are switching to other hosters. i too am staring to look at others that provide a static agreement and account.
    You do realize that SSO and Launchpad ID are one and the same? They are from the same database. The point is that you have one account for all Ubuntu services: LP.net, U1 etc.

I have no idea what you are talking about.
    WARNING: "sudo rm -rf /" = BAD Read this for more information.
    Q6600-Abit IP35-2 GB RAM-250GTS 1GB

*Docky FTW!*

Beans

Well there was hope that they would move away from launchpad alone and start accepting other openId providers. (Sorry if I was not clear.)

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by vashman View Post
    Well there was hope that they would move away from launchpad alone and start accepting other openId providers. (Sorry if I was not clear.)
    Well that would definitely be nice. File a bug against LP or SSO if it has a project page.
    WARNING: "sudo rm -rf /" = BAD Read this for more information.
    Q6600-Abit IP35-2 GB RAM-250GTS 1GB

*Docky FTW!*