View Poll Results: Have your parents tried to send you to school sick?

Voters
33. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

14 42.42%
  • No

19 57.58%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: School students: Don't you hate it when your parents try to send you to school sick?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: School students: Don't you hate it when your parents try to send you to school si

When I was a kid, my parents usually sent me to school if I said I was ill. They'd relent only if I really looked sick. But most of the time when I claimed to be too sick to go to school, I wasn't really that ill. Round here we call it "swinging the lead".

OP, are you sure you weren't just swinging the lead? You say you were too sick to go to school on Monday and Wednesday. So you were ill on monday, got better on tuesday, then got a different illness on Wednesday? Or is it the same illness, but for some mysterious reason the symptons subsided for a day? Hmm...

On the limited info we've been given, and not being able to see how you look, I'm guessing that you weren't actually too ill to go to school. We all sometimes wake up feeling a little rough, and when I was at university I often decided I felt "too rough to go to lectures" and stayed in bed. That's something we all can do when we have left home and fend for ourselves. But when we are parents, we are responsible for our children and their schooling. In the past, when my stepchildren claimed they were "too ill to go to school", their mother and I decided whether they actually looked ill. When someone really does feel that ill, they look pretty rough. If they didn't look that rough they went to school.

Another thing, OP: on Monday, how long did you feel ill? Were you better by midday? 6pm? Or were you still ill when you went to bed Monday evening? If you felt better before the time school ends, I would guess you weren't that ill in the first place.
    "All people are scum. No matter what they look like." ~ Spider Jerusalem, Transmetropolitan #4

Beans
    Hidden!

Re: School students: Don't you hate it when your parents try to send you to school si

I'm the opposite; I dislike being kept away from school. I'm lazy and don't do much work at home, so school is the best place for me becasue otherwise I'll just procrastinate everything.
    So, I tend to go to school unless I've lost the ability to walk or something…
    Website | Blog | The Arch Hurd Project

If you want to ask about something I posted, send a PM, as I don't watch many threads

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Mate 16.04 Xenial Xerus

You poor baby.

Whenever I said I was sick my mother would kick my @$$ out the door and tell me I would feel better when I got to school.

She was right.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

+1 dixiedancer
    Homeschooling leaves little room for being sick altering plans.
    With my leg, there's no way I'd go to school, but still had to do my work.
    "Meddle not with roos; thou art crunchy and grasshopper-like" ※The SABRFL※

Last edited by ubunterooster; 1 Minute ago

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123