Thread: Microsoft honoured for Inuit language software

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Post Microsoft honoured for Inuit language software

Microsoft honoured for Inuit language software

Last Updated: Tuesday, February 16, 2010 | 3:35 PM CT

The Nunavut government has recognized Microsoft Canada for its work in developing Inuktitut-language software.

As a result of the software giant's work, Windows computer users can freely download versions of Windows XP and Vista, along with Microsoft Office 2003 and 2007, in the Inuit language.

The Inuktitut versions of Vista and Office 2007 were launched last spring...
    http://www.cbc.ca/canada/north/story...microsoft.html

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Re: Microsoft honoured for Inuit language software

Is Ubuntu offered in Inuit? It's offered in pretty much every other language.

Where is Ubuntu's honor?

*insert some joke about tux being a penguin and people from the northern hemisphere preferring polar bears*

Beans

Awesome! I only wish switching languages was as easy as it is in Ubuntu.

Beans
    Hidden!

You got a point there...Ubuntu's pledge is to get the OS to ALL people of the world...???
    Robert

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail

I think that our problem is that we don't make a big deal enough for small features.

Let's say we can switch from one language to another. We should call the whole press world and tell them: Oh my god we have pretty much every existing language on one CD and we can switch from one another without re-installing the whole thing! Crazy isn't it?! I know!

We just need to invite some political figure to the party to make it interesting for journalists. The promise of a nice 4-5 star hotel all charge paid works wonders to get them coming. If they are still not convinced, insist that they will have some "guests" in their room waiting.

That's how advertising is done.
    Linux cheat sheet

If you can't afford to loose it, if you don't know how to get it back: back it up.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by ndefontenay View Post
    I think that our problem is that we don't make a big deal enough for small features.

Let's say we can switch from one language to another. We should call the whole press world and tell them: Oh my god we have pretty much every existing language on one CD and we can switch from one another without re-installing the whole thing! Crazy isn't it?! I know!

We just need to invite some political figure to the party to make it interesting for journalists. The promise of a nice 4-5 star hotel all charge paid works wonders to get them coming. If they are still not convinced, insist that they will have some "guests" in their room waiting.

Shoot! I knew I got into the wrong business.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by ndefontenay View Post

http://www.channelregister.co.uk/201...ffered_ladies/

Beans

LMAO Wow. That's crazy.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Inuit is spoken by about 75,000 people worldwide, this includes both Canada and Greenland. It wouldn't surprise me if the Canadian Federal Government paid for the majority of the translations and font design.

BTW The Canadians Men's Hockey team beat Norway 8-0
    Last edited by cariboo; February 17th, 2010 at 04:59 AM.

Beans

and then blackmail them with those videos to promote ubuntu :] the commie way

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast