Thread: Alien Arena crashed ubuntu

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Exclamation Alien Arena crashed ubuntu

When I loaded Alien Arena, I tried to play it but my screen goes black and has a bunch of green text. I have to turn my computer off and back on. Everything is fine. Is this a crash? I dont think its my graphics card, but in case your wondering my graphics card is a Nvida GeForce 9500 GT.

Beans

Re: Alien Arena crashed ubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by ComptutsXV View Post
    When I loaded Alien Arena, I tried to play it but my screen goes black and has a bunch of green text. I have to turn my computer off and back on. Everything is fine. Is this a crash? I dont think its my graphics card, but in case your wondering my graphics card is a Nvida GeForce 9500 GT.
    What drivers are you using? When does the screen go black, on initial startup of the game, or after entering a level?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

The green text is within the game itself (from my experience, AA is kinda buggy ) It sounds like the game is experiencing a hang; in this case I would suggest trying Ctrl+Alt+Backspace (this will kill X and any other programs running, then spit you back out at the login screen). That's what I suggest, maybe someone else will have better advice.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by BlackOtaku View Post
    AA is kinda buggy )
    Kinda buggy? How so? Thousands of people play it everyday without incident. Logically that would dictate that it's not the game that is buggy.

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by Irritant View Post
    Kinda buggy? How so? Thousands of people play it everyday without incident. Logically that would dictate that it's not the game that is buggy.
    Sorry ^^; maybe what I should have said is its always had problems when I tried to connect to servers. On Windows and Ubuntu

Beans

Sorry ^^; maybe what I should have said is its always had problems when I tried to connect to servers. On Windows and Ubuntu
    What kinds of problems? Sounds like some kind of net issue at work here.

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by Irritant View Post
    What kinds of problems? Sounds like some kind of net issue at work here.
    The aforementioned 'terminal' screen with green text would tell me it was missing key textures or sound files and couldn't load the game (paraphrasing)... single player works fine though.

Beans

The aforementioned 'terminal' screen with green text would tell me it was missing key textures or sound files and couldn't load the game (paraphrasing)... single player works fine though.
    Check in your player setup section, make sure that downloads are enabled.