Re: Samsung R580 + GeForce GT 330M

Hi guys.

Nvidia has released an updated driver that should fix the fan problems :
    http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/show....php?p=2209577

Cheers !

Beans

Hi,

Is there a way to actually turn down the backlight ? Nvidia panel does that as if you change color balance of a picture, it won't turn the lights down.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Quote Originally Posted by felace View Post
    Hi,

Is there a way to actually turn down the backlight ? Nvidia panel does that as if you change color balance of a picture, it won't turn the lights down.
    Using scathlock tips :

Quote Originally Posted by scathlock View Post
    In order to adjust brightness you should add following line in xorg.conf in device section:

Option "RegistryDwords" "EnableBrightnessControl=1"

Function keys (fn+up&down) doesn't work yet but gnome brightness applet works.
    you can then adjust backlight using Gnome brightness applet, KDE power settings or directly in the /proc filesystem with the file /proc/acpi/video/NVID/LCD/brightness

@Scathlock :
    where did you find this option ? I've searched in Nvidia documentation and RegistryDwords isn't mentioned.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Reporting that adding option for backlight doesn't work for me on lucid x86

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by mcguire View Post
    where did you find this option ? I've searched in Nvidia documentation and RegistryDwords isn't mentioned.
    I've contacted with nvidia support and some man helped me giving this option.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

It seems brightness working, but brightness gnome indicator goes crazy, but it responds to mouse wheel.

Beans

Cool Re: Samsung R580 + GeForce GT 330M

does anyone know how to get sound output from hdmi? I can't do it on base ubuntu lucid system or xbmc.

Beans

Hello! I have another laptop (satellite a500-1ek) but I have the same nvidia card (gt330m) and the same problem about sound output from hdmi... Installed nvidia driver 195.36.24. Any idea? Thx!

Beans

Smile Re: Samsung R580 + GeForce GT 330M

I have the r580 with the 310m and I somehow managed to get 2.0 pcm audio out of hdmi only after playing around a lot with asound.conf and hda-intel.conf files.
    Also for mplayer I need to use the -ao option to point to the card as well as -ac hwac3 (or -ac hwdts) for multi-channel audio.

Hope there will be some update on the nvidia drivers which will allow out of the box multi-channel audio support for nvidia 300m series.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by mcguire View Post
    Using scathlock tips :

you can then adjust backlight using Gnome brightness applet, KDE power settings or directly in the /proc filesystem with the file /proc/acpi/video/NVID/LCD/brightness
    It's not working for me, saying <not supported>

Could you post your Xorg.0.log ? It seems mine can't use acpi stuff so I wonder if that's the reason.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast