Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: eTurboTouch TouchScreen Drivers for Intel Classmate Convertible

Beans

Re: eTurboTouch TouchScreen Drivers for Intel Classmate Convertible

hcmeyer, for rotation you could try the scripts provided at http://www.hannay.de/index.php?optio...d=45&Itemid=45, they work for me after adapting them a bit.

Beans

The 2.6.35 kernel in meerkat seems to work, without any xorg.conf. Attached is a chunk of Xorg log. X seems to config it as both a tablet and a mouse.

Rotation does not work, and I have not tried to calibrate
    Attached Files Attached Files

Beans

It doesn't rotate by itself. See this script taken from http://www.hannay.de/index.php?optio...d=45&Itemid=45 for manual rotation. The same site also has a script that does auto-rotation, but it only works well in tablet-mode.

Beans

Sorry for reviving this topic, I am new to Ubuntu and still have a lot of questions

I installed Ubuntu 10.10 on my Classmate Convertible NL2 and everything works out of the box. The things that still need working are the touchscreen:

- (auto) rotation (rotating the screen together with the touchscreen)

- rightclick (when you keep the pressure on one point for a second in windows, it will register as a right mouse click)

I installed "gpointing-device-settings (1.5.1-2)" which shows the screen but only let's me activate a middle mouse button and a mousewheel (which are non-existing on a touch-pad i would guess).

Thank you for your help

Beans

Hi C0rd,

the rightclick thing is easy to do. In the Gnome mouse properties ("System configuration -> Mouse" or something) on the accessibility-tab you can activate the "simulated secondary click", which should do exactly what you want.

I'm not sure what you mean by autorotation. You wrote "rotating the screen together with the touchscreen", which sounds to me like aligning the touchscreen-input to the display orientation. But when I wrote "autorotation" in this thread, I meant automatically rotating the display so that e.g. "up" on your display is also "up" in the physical world.
    Which one is it?

Beans

Thank you, i found it as i was playing around with the

edit: the device number was wrong, i had to change it to 10 in rotate.sh, then it worked flawless, now on to the accelerometer
    Last edited by C0rd; October 30th, 2010 at 01:36 PM. Reason: partly solved

Beans

I had autorotation running on Karmic, but it didn't really work flawlessly, so now I'm using a self-written application indicator to manually switch the display orientation.

I see two problems with autorotation:
    - You need to tune your autorotation-script really well, so that it doesn't change the orientation when you don't want it to.
    - You'd need to handle the lid switch to have decent autorotation. The lid switch is the device that can tell whether the classmate is in tablet mode. If it's not in tablet mode, like a normal netbook, you probably wouldn't want it to rotate by itself. It is a device in /dev/input/, you can find out which one by using evtest and opening and closing the lid.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12