Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: An innocent question.

Beans
    Hidden!

Re: An innocent question.

Quote Originally Posted by ubuntu-geek
    Thanks for the offer azz.. But I got a handle on the situation and we'll see were it leads us..
    So, you got hold of someone at Canonical?

Beans
    Hidden!

Since you have revamped the donations page and are still taking donations, I guess that you have either not tried to reach them, or they have not answered.

I really hope this misunderstanding can be cleared up.

Beans

Yes, like I said before its being handled. Thank you for the concern but its not your issue to deal with.
    My Blog | Forum Search | Forum Guidelines
    Please don't PM support questions--post a thread so everyone can benefit!

Beans
    Hidden!

Then be clear about how you represent yourself when you say you pay for the forums. If you are refusing financial help from Canonical, people should know that before you accept money from them.

As well, this is an opportunity to better the forums and do away with unpleasant Global anouncements. Instead, you may be making this out as another reason to distance the forums from Ubuntu proper, and that is reason for me to comment on the topic. Please note that this is not a personal attack - it's a question.

If you have good reasons to not accept the help, please make them clear. For example, if you wanted to make a point of the forums being official, but completely independant from Canonical, then great. I'm sure a lot of people would agree with that.

Whatever it is, just please say what it is.

Beans

UG has answered this several times. it is clear that he is dealing with it lets leave it with him.

Thanks
    This account is not active.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by azz
    Then be clear about how you represent yourself when you say you pay for the forums. If you are refusing financial help from Canonical, people should know that before you accept money from them.

As well, this is an opportunity to better the forums and do away with unpleasant Global anouncements. Instead, you may be making this out as another reason to distance the forums from Ubuntu proper, and that is reason for me to comment on the topic. Please note that this is not a personal attack - it's a question.

If you have good reasons to not accept the help, please make them clear. For example, if you wanted to make a point of the forums being official, but completely independant from Canonical, then great. I'm sure a lot of people would agree with that.

Whatever it is, just please say what it is.
    I don't play your games azz. I have emailed who needs to be emailed and I have been in contact with James Troup in the past 24 hours. He had good reason why he didn't get back to me and we are working out the kinks and hopefully things will work out.

Also, even if/when these forums are hosted by canonical nothing is going to change on forum policy/ownership/management/staff just to make that perfectly clear.

So go troll elsewhere you have no idea what you are babbling about.
    Last edited by ubuntu-geek; March 9th, 2006 at 03:20 AM.
    My Blog | Forum Search | Forum Guidelines
    Please don't PM support questions--post a thread so everyone can benefit!

Beans

I want to make this perfectly clear, since this forum is owned and operated by ubuntu-geek, and not a publically owned entity, there are no requirements placed upon him to disclose financial or other matters, period.

If he chooses to do so, that is his wish.

He has said it is taken care of, twice.
    ??? :: ubuntu is my OS soul mate
    UDSF :: Forum Policies :: Unanswered Posts :: Ruby :: Donate
    official ubuntu member
    :: ??????? :: so say we all

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12