Thread: Cannot get the wifi working on my DELL Latitude 430 using Ubuntu Netbook Remix 9.10

Beans

Cannot get the wifi working on my DELL Latitude 430 using Ubuntu Netbook Remix 9.10

Hi,

I'm new to this forum.

I've installed successfully the ubuntu 9.10 netbook remix on my DELL Latitude 430.
    Everything work out of the box except the wifi, I cannot find a way to get working.

Using the lshw command, I can see that the interface is listed, but status is disabled.

On the Network Manager, status I get is device not ready.

As a FYI, bluetooth seems working perfect (I've not tried to pair with any device).

Help would be welcome, as this is the only roadblock I face before enjoying Ubuntu on my laptop.

Thanks in advance

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Re: Cannot get the wifi working on my DELL Latitude 430 using Ubuntu Netbook Remix 9.

I dont know if you have tried this but is wireless turned on, on the laptop, on mine it's Fn+f2 is only a thought
    DUAL BOOT XP & Natty, Trying LFS

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Re: Cannot get the wifi working on my DELL Latitude 430 using Ubuntu Netbook Remix 9.

Please look all over that laptop and make sure all the switches and key combinations (Fn+F2, perhaps??) are activated. See if the wireless LED is winking or glowing. Please open a terminal and do:
    Code:
    rfkill list
    Is the wireless blocked in any way? Next try:
    Code:
    sudo rmmod -f dell-laptop
    Does your interface still show as Disabled?
    "Oh, Ubuntu, you are my favorite Linux-based operating system" --Dr. Sheldon Cooper, Ph.D.

Beans

Cool cannot connect to my wireless network on my Dell Inspiron E1405

hey

im new to ubuntu need help

i have an inspiron E1405 ive been having problems for like the past week trying to connect to my wireless network ive done all the recent ubgrades but i still cant get it working. i cant click the anable wireless button dnt kno if im doing anything wrong pleaseany advise would be helpful thanks

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Re: cannot connect to my wireless network on my Dell Inspiron E1405

Quote Originally Posted by makaveli94303 View Post
    hey

im new to ubuntu need help

i have an inspiron E1405 ive been having problems for like the past week trying to connect to my wireless network ive done all the recent ubgrades but i still cant get it working. i cant click the anable wireless button dnt kno if im doing anything wrong pleaseany advise would be helpful thanks
    Please start a new thread and, from the terminal, post:
    Code:
    lspci -nn
    iwconfig
    sudo lshw -C network
    Thanks.
    "Oh, Ubuntu, you are my favorite Linux-based operating system" --Dr. Sheldon Cooper, Ph.D.

Beans

Hi,

I've tried all possible key combinations without success.
    The blue WiFi led is off (the bluetooth one is on)

I've checked the BIOS: WIFI is on
    The result for the rfkill list is that wifi is no soft, or hard blockage. (same status than for Buletooth)

Thanks

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Quote Originally Posted by HerveNY View Post
    Hi,

I've tried all possible key combinations without success.
    The blue WiFi led is off (the bluetooth one is on)

I've checked the BIOS: WIFI is on
    The result for the rfkill list is that wifi is no soft, or hard blockage. (same status than for Buletooth)

Thanks
    Did you try this?
    Code:
    sudo rmmod -f dell-laptop