Thread: Webcam in Meebo

Beans

Webcam in Meebo

Since Pidgin do not support Webcam, I try Meebo because someone said it can support webcam. Anyway, I do not see any option to enable it in Meebo. Do I need to install additional program to use my webcam. FOr info I already installed Cheeze and it's working great. Any advise is most appreciated. Thanks

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Re: Webcam in Meebo

There is a little webcam icon, second left to right on any conversation window. However, I don't know if it's the same for all services (I only use Yahoo!). Aaaaand, what's more important, I never really tried it.
    "They must find it difficult those who have taken authority as the truth rather than truth as authority." - Gerald Massey

Beans

Webcam icon is gray out. The rocket icon is also the same so I can not see which service is activated...

To download Amsn, (an msn clone and has webcam support):

Applications > Add/Remove > Show: change to 'All Available Repositories' > Search: Amsn > click on box next to Amsn > click apply changes > apply > close
    Learning is not attained by chance, it must be sought for with ardor and attended to with diligence. Abigail Adams ( 1744 - 1818 ), 1780;

My blog Poetry and More Free Ubuntu Magazine

Beans

meebo has 2 webcam chat servie provider. One of them is www.mebeam.com (which i use for over 2 year now)

go to www.mebeam.com and create a random room name. (no registration needed at all)

it uses flash to do video-chat, and flash in linux only support v4l webcam, if u have a newer webcam, u might need to tweak it a bit by installing flashcam (http://www.swift-tools.net/Flashcam/)

Beans

You need to allow meebo access from the settings manager, go here
    http://www.macromedia.com/support/do...manager06.html Look for mee.tokbox.com set to always allow. This works on a few other websites too. The problem is when you set it to allow while in the website for whatever reason it doesn't actually do it.

Also after setting it to allow restart firefox

Beans

Man!!! thank you ever so much! i work and do audio conferencing, and not everyone has skype - really, you just saved my ***!