Thread: Moonlight 2.0 codec installer fails

Beans
    Hidden!

Moonlight 2.0 codec installer fails

I installed the Moonlight 2.0 Firefox plugin via the .xpi installer. I'm trying to get the Moonlight codec pack installed, but it just isn't working.

I agree to the EULA and it seems to download the pack, but every time it says that it cannot verify the downloaded binary. Sometimes it causes Firefox to crash upon download completion. I've tried searching on Google, but I've had no luck.

Beans
    Hidden!

Re: Moonlight 2.0 codec installer fails

I decided to give Moonlight another shot, and I'm still having this error when I try to install the Microsoft Media Pack.

I'm currently using Kubuntu Lucid with Firefox 3.6.11. Again I installed the current Moonlight 2.x via the .xpi plugin installer. I right-click on a Silverlight applet and select Install Microsoft Media Pack, I go through and agree to the EULA, it downloads the file, and then says "We are unable to verify the downloaded binary. Please try again later."

I have no idea why this is happening, and I can't find anything on Google about this, either.

Beans

Re: Moonlight 2.0 codec installer fails

i am having a similar problem on the newest linux mint (based on ubuntu 10.10), except in my case in both firefox & chromium the microsoft media pack 2.0 will crash either browser...(i never have gotten the invalid binary error, but then again it crashes every time).