Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Change BASH shortcut keys

Beans

Re: Change BASH shortcut keys

Pelgar:
    Hmm, I thought I saw a bug report pertaining to this as well. Good to see I'm not the only one experiencing this. For me, I actually use Ctrl-C for both purposes. It was kind of funny, because recently in 9.10 I noticed Ctrl-C wasn't "working" for killing a program, but took some time before I realized I was using the shortcut for 2 different purposes

schmidtbag:
    I don't know about "intended" - I thought the point of customization was so I could change the software to adopt to me, rather than the other way around. And this doesn't seem to be a difficult change - when you receive Ctrl-C, check if text has been selected, and based on that answer you can either copy text or send SIGINT. The old implementation seemed like the best of both worlds.

Beans

LordKelvan said:
    Hmm, I thought I saw a bug report pertaining to this as well. Good to see I'm not the only one experiencing this. For me, I actually use Ctrl-C for both purposes. It was kind of funny, because recently in 9.10 I noticed Ctrl-C wasn't "working" for killing a program, but took some time before I realized I was using the shortcut for 2 different purposes
    I'd really like to know if this functionality was intentionally removed or if, as you say, it's a bug.

Pelgar said:
    I'd like to know if it would be difficult to swap the functionality of ctrl-c and ctrl-shift-c
    After 3+ days of reading Bash scripting tutorials and the Bash Reference Manual, with no luck at all, I accidentally discovered that when you reassign ctrl-c ctrl-shift-c is automatically reassigned to send SIGINT! I know this is not the preferred solution but for me it is an acceptable solution.

Beans

Linux is NOT Windows.
    http://linux.oneandoneis2.org/LNW.htm

Adapt. Linux is after all superior in every way.......... in my opinion.

Beans

llawwehttam said:
    Adapt. Linux is after all superior in every way.......... in my opinion.
    Adapt to WHAT! Did you even read any of these post???

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12