Thread: Current Chromium ppa

Beans

Talking Current Chromium ppa

I am using this post as a note-to-self, if it helps you, even better.

The Chromium-Browser available through the repositories is unfortunately very outdated. Fortunately there is a simple fix.

Taken from this post.

Install Chromium browser:
    Update: ppa:a-v-shkop/chromium-dev will try to maintain more-or-less fresh releases of Chromium while Chromium Team won’t release new versions of Chromium browser. Install from this ppa (for now only support Ubuntu 12.04):

Code:
    sudo add-apt-repository ppa:a-v-shkop/chromium-dev
    sudo apt-get update
    sudo apt-get install chromium-browser
    The OP gives a non-install version as well, but the ppa is working well for me, and it is a simple fix.
    I am now running Version 23.0.1246.0 Ubuntu 12.04 (153452) sweet as you please.

***NOTE*** You do not need to re-install chromium-browser, but re-installing won't hurt. It will update your current install through Update Manager automatically the next time it is run. Or you can just run update manager manually.
    When the only peace your enemy understands is the "Peace of the dead," you have no choice but to make peace in those terms.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: Current Chromium ppa

Only problem is it's only for 32bit systems 64bit requires IA32 libs I just run
    Google Chrome Version 23.0.1255.0 dev 64bit it's the closest you can get to the chromium dev or daily builds for 64bit systems.
    + Linux Mint 13 Cinnamon 64bit +
    Lubuntu 12.04 PPC 32bit G4 | Ubuntu 12.04 PPC 64bit G5

Beans

Interesting, as I am running 12.04 64 bit myself with no problems.
    When the only peace your enemy understands is the "Peace of the dead," you have no choice but to make peace in those terms.

Beans

Come to think of it, I do have IA32 libs installed already so didn't notice the change... Just can't bring myself to use Chrome instead of Chromium....

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Quote Originally Posted by Epodx64 View Post
    Only problem is it's only for 32bit systems 64bit requires IA32 libs I just run
    Google Chrome Version 23.0.1255.0 dev 64bit it's the closest you can get to the chromium dev or daily builds for 64bit systems.
    WRONG!

Download daily builds of Chromium here:
    http://download-chromium.appspot.com/

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Thanks blazoner. Worked great.
    New to Ubuntu (dual booted because I wasn't sure), but I liiiike it! The support here is incredible as well.