Thread: Anyone tried the ZaReason Hoverboard 1361?

Anyone tried the ZaReason Hoverboard 1361?

This thing: LINK

Has anyone tried it out? Because it looks very nice. I just can't afford the restocking fee if I try it and decide I don't like it. Like, is its battery life really 3 hours? Are the fan noise / heating real bad? And can it run GNOME-Do Docky at a smooth framerate?

Anyone? Who's used this machine or one like it, either way. >.> I hear they use mostly ASUS hardware ...
    3 apps that make Ubuntu more like a Mac
    How to make Ubuntu look and feel like Mac OS X

Tarutaru icon (c) 2001-2004 SQUARE ENIX CO., LTD. All Rights Reserved.

Beans
    Hidden!

Re: Anyone tried the ZaReason Hoverboard 1361?

ZaReason is a pretty friendly company, I'd recommend asking them straight up, I think they are the sort to give you straight up answers. Of course, there is always the risk they would be biased; but so far I have not known of anyone having a negative ZaReason experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahhad View Post
    ZaReason is a pretty friendly company, I'd recommend asking them straight up, I think they are the sort to give you straight up answers. Of course, there is always the risk they would be biased; but so far I have not known of anyone having a negative ZaReason experience.
    I actually did ask them if Docky had a smooth framerate, over their contacts form. They never got back to me on that.

Does anyone who's used a similar machine know? It's got a 1.2 GHz CULV Celeron, with an Intel 4500 MHD graphics processor.
    3 apps that make Ubuntu more like a Mac
    How to make Ubuntu look and feel like Mac OS X

Tarutaru icon (c) 2001-2004 SQUARE ENIX CO., LTD. All Rights Reserved.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

That thing looks pretty good. The screen is maybe a little bigger than I'd like, and the 8-cell battery is rather expensive compared to the 9 cell battery I bought for my Aspire One. Oh, and I never buy complex electronics online - too much hassle getting warranty returns and repairs. But if this was in a local retail store I'd jump at it.
    I try to treat the cause, not the symptom. I avoid the terminal in instructions, unless it's easier or necessary. My instructions will work within the Ubuntu system, instead of breaking or subverting it. Those are the three guarantees to the helpee.