Page 36 of 36 FirstFirst ... 26343536

Thread: I think I've ruined my hard drive - if not more also.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail

Re: I think I've ruined my hard drive - if not more also.

Yes Chris,
    and they will be viewed forever! lol

<3
    5.5 GB's Free Ubuntu-One Cloud Storage~
    Click Here

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Quote Originally Posted by Rasa1111 View Post
    Yes Chris,
    and they will be viewed forever! lol

<3

They should rename it 'The Chris Edgell Megathread', I have to say I had to bow out at post #235 and jump to the end.

I now know the best things to do if I get hold of and old desktop.... wiggle all the wires!!

Dell Inspiron 1501 AMD Sempron, 4GB RAM, 120GB HDD, running 14.04 64Bit
    Dell Latitude D830 Centrino duo 4GB RAM 320GB HDD, running 13.10 64Bit
    Raspberry Pi running Rasbian
    Ubuntu User #32384

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

I was not looking to resuscitate THIS thread but only to commemorate the 10,000 viewings.

But still...I'm amazed you went as far as you did, Migs73...I myself had to go through it one time and make a "single post favorites" file folder, to mark the main things I learned and wanted to be able to refresh my memory about. Even as I brought it up, I thought I'd read it again, I and started...but felt embarrassed at my absurdity at times...the ignorant and the foolish...but still, it was me and I learned a lot.

Just today, I took that original old Antec, that I called the Junk Yard Dog, as I'd bought it at a yard sale, and hooked up a good hard drive... and it still works...back when I gave it up, I hadn't been able to see that just because the hard drive gots ruined, that everything else usually is still working. I'm glad I didn't throw it out...I'll get one of those huge old monitors that cost $5 right now...and set somebody else up with a computer.

Now my misadventures are on the thread about "Where are the uninstalled when it says ALL" I don't really intend to spin a long one this time but rather to ask individual questions. As I've said there, I have finally understood a lot about the hardware in these old boxes.

My next real project will be to get going with Lucid for the Long Term Support...I never got it off the ground and just finally had reverted to the Jaunty, when I had thought I'd messed up my MAIN machine, and then didn't have a second one going to experiment with.

Bye now...

Chris
    It's not so much about weathering the storm as it is about learning to dance in the rain.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Move along nothing to see here.

Page 36 of 36 FirstFirst ... 26343536