Thread: Screen goes crazy!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Karmic Koala (testing)

Screen goes crazy!

Hi, i just did a clean install of Ubuntu Desktop 9.10 and, since the Ubuntu Studio 9.10 DVD i downloaded and burned doesn't seem to be bootable, and when i put it in the regular DVDR/RW unit it appears as blank DVD, while when using an external USB DVDR Unit the disk is mounted as Ubuntu_Studio_9.10 or something like that. Still, my motherboard doesn't support USB booting, so I had to install the ubuntu studio packages through apt-get command, after installing ubuntustudio-audio and ubuntustudio-audio-plugins, everything was going fine, except for JACK wich was unable to run on realtime mode. Then I installed the RT kernel to make jack work in realtime.

IT WAS AFTER INSTALLING THE RT KERNEL that my computer started failing. When running jack and some other application that use it like Ardour, or Hydrogen, it's just a matter of time before my screen goes totally crazy! it starts flashing and looks like windows being reproduced all over the screen very fast. Even though the pointer still works fine during this graphic madness, i cannot click anything and seems like keyboard doesn't work either. The only thing I can do when this happens is restart the computer, but it's just a matter of time before i have to reboot again =\.

Can anyone help me solve this issue?
    ~~ I really love Signatures, they're so cool and classy... the bad thing is that I don't know what to write on mine... ~~

Beans
    Distro

Re: Screen goes crazy!

Bump!
    ~~ I really love Signatures, they're so cool and classy... the bad thing is that I don't know what to write on mine... ~~

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Quote Originally Posted by Luca_turicci View Post
    Hi, i just did a clean install of Ubuntu Desktop 9.10 and, since the Ubuntu Studio 9.10 DVD i downloaded and burned doesn't seem to be bootable, and when i put it in the regular DVDR/RW unit it appears as blank DVD...
    I don't think your burning was successful. Try burning it again at a lower speed.

Its really hard to say what went wrong with all the other apps that you installed (obviously it should have worked), so reinstalling it this way is probably your best chance to get a well working system.
    Since when is floor not a synonym of horizontal wardrobe?

Beans
    Distro

i downloaded and burned it over again, at 1x, it booted and installed, but still when I run Jack it's a matter of time before the screen goes crazy...

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Then I'm out of ideas unfortunately.

Perhaps start a new thread in one of the multimedia sections.
    Since when is floor not a synonym of horizontal wardrobe?