Thread: Songbird unresponsive

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Songbird unresponsive

I'm running Ubuntu 9.10 x64 on a system that has an AMD Phenom II x4 and 4 GB DDR3 RAM.

Songbird was working fine until last night, when it became unresponsive. rebooting seemed to fix the problem, but today, Songbird is totally unresponsive as soon as I open it. It doesn't matter if I leave it alone to give it time to load- it's DOA every time.

I installed it by downloading from getsongbird.com, and extracting the Songbird folder to my home folder. I then simply created a launcher to open it that uses the command Songbird/songbird to start it. I tried removing my songbird folder, downloading a new player, and installing it using the same method, but I had the same problem again.

I know I can just use banshee or rhythm box, but they're lacking features that songbird has (especially the duplicate track removal tool- for some reason, when I imported my media library into banshee, it created duplicates of numerous tracks, despite the fact that there aren't duplicate files in my music folder)

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Re: Songbird unresponsive

Run the problem in console, and post the output, please.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Quote Originally Posted by n0dix View Post
    Run the problem in console, and post the output, please.
    I'll do it late tonight when I get home, or possibly tomorrow morning.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

OK, I ran songbird in the terminal and had the same problem. I clicked on the playlist a couple time, tried to close with the 'x' a couple times, then killed it by r clicking the songbird tab on the bottom panel, and selected "force quit" when prompted. Here's the output:

Code:
    me@computer:~$ Songbird/songbird

(songbird-bin:30764): GLib-WARNING **: g_set_prgname() called multiple times

(songbird-bin:30775): GStreamer-WARNING **: Failed to load plugin '/usr/lib64/gstreamer-0.10/libgstavi.so': /usr/lib64/gstreamer-0.10/libgstavi.so: undefined symbol: _gst_debug_dump_mem

(songbird-bin:30775): GStreamer-WARNING **: Failed to load plugin '/usr/lib64/gstreamer-0.10/libgstdv.so': /usr/lib64/gstreamer-0.10/libgstdv.so: undefined symbol: gst_tag_list_new_full

(songbird-bin:30775): GStreamer-WARNING **: Failed to load plugin '/usr/lib64/gstreamer-0.10/libgstschro.so': /usr/lib64/gstreamer-0.10/libgstschro.so: undefined symbol: gst_adapter_masked_scan_uint32

(songbird-bin:30775): GStreamer-WARNING **: Failed to load plugin '/usr/lib64/gstreamer-0.10/libgstlibvisual.so': /usr/lib64/gstreamer-0.10/libgstlibvisual.so: undefined symbol: gst_adapter_prev_timestamp

(songbird-bin:30775): GStreamer-WARNING **: Failed to load plugin '/usr/lib64/gstreamer-0.10/libgstrawparse.so': /usr/lib64/gstreamer-0.10/libgstrawparse.so: undefined symbol: gst_video_format_new_caps_interlaced

(songbird-bin:30775): GStreamer-WARNING **: Failed to load plugin '/usr/lib64/gstreamer-0.10/libgstdeinterlace.so': /usr/lib64/gstreamer-0.10/libgstdeinterlace.so: undefined symbol: gst_video_format_parse_caps_interlaced

(songbird-bin:30775): GStreamer-WARNING **: Failed to load plugin '/usr/lib64/gstreamer-0.10/libgsthdvparse.so': /usr/lib64/gstreamer-0.10/libgsthdvparse.so: undefined symbol: _gst_debug_dump_mem

(songbird-bin:30775): GStreamer-WARNING **: Failed to load plugin '/usr/lib64/gstreamer-0.10/libresindvd.so': /usr/lib64/gstreamer-0.10/libresindvd.so: undefined symbol: gst_navigation_event_parse_command

(songbird-bin:30775): GStreamer-WARNING **: Failed to load plugin '/usr/lib64/gstreamer-0.10/libgstmatroska.so': /usr/lib64/gstreamer-0.10/libgstmatroska.so: undefined symbol: gst_util_array_binary_search

(songbird-bin:30775): GStreamer-WARNING **: Failed to load plugin '/usr/lib64/gstreamer-0.10/libgstmpegdemux.so': /usr/lib64/gstreamer-0.10/libgstmpegdemux.so: undefined symbol: _gst_debug_dump_mem

(songbird-bin:30775): GStreamer-WARNING **: Failed to load plugin '/usr/lib64/gstreamer-0.10/libgstapp.so': /usr/lib/libgstapp-0.10.so.0: undefined symbol: gst_buffer_list_get_type

(songbird-bin:30764): Gdk-WARNING **: gdk_window_set_icon_list: icons too large

TagLib: MPEG::Header::parse() -- Invalid sample rate.
    TagLib: MPEG::Properties::read() -- Could not find a valid first MPEG frame in the stream.

(songbird-bin:30764): Gtk-CRITICAL **: gtk_drag_set_icon_default: assertion `GDK_IS_DRAG_CONTEXT (context)' failed
    Killed
    me@computer:~$

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Do you have the gstreamer-python plugin?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

I don't seem to have the gstreamer-python plugin. I looked in Synaptic, and there are several different gstreamer and python packages installed, but nothing matches "gstreamer-python" (installed or not) when I type it in the quick search field.

Incidentally I fixed the problem I was having. I remembered today that I had turned on the option "automatically watch for changes in the following folder" in Songbird's Tools>Options>Media Importer>Watch Folders tab, and had set it to a folder in which completed bittorrents arrive. I thought that it would just overlook video and iso files, or at the worst deliver an error message stating that those files couldn't be imported. When I removed all of the files from this folder and started up Songbird, I had no problems at all. I was then able to turn off this option (I'll just have to manually import completed bittorrents).

In any case, if the gstreamer-python plugin is something I should have, let me know how I can install it. If it's not that important, let me know too. Though technically this problem is solved, I want to wait until I hear back about the gstreamer-python plugin before I label it as such.

Thanks!

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

I find something related the gstreamer-python plugin, but, if you solved your problem, it wouldn't be necessary.