Thread: Network Manager icon doesn't show wireless APs

Beans

Network Manager icon doesn't show wireless APs

Hi. I deleted all APs in my Wireless Section of network manager. After that, the whole network manager icon disappeared. I added the icon back on the panel, but I don't think its the right one. It doesn't do the two green cicles thing when I connect my ethernet wire in. It also doesn't show any wireless AP when I left click on the icon. It doesn't even have an X mark on the bottom left of the icon when no network is detected.

How do I fixing this?

Pic attached.

Ubuntu 8.1
    64bit
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Ubuntu 12.04. 64bit. Desktop version. Gnome 3.4.1 O͜͡.O~

Beans

Re: Network Manager icon doesn't show wireless APs

Hi,
    First up, if you're running 8.10 you should upgrade. 8.04 was the LTS (long term support); If you aren't on the current version, you should be on that one to ensure you're getting upgrades- the security ones in particular.

You've got a problem with NetworkManager, and from the sound of it Gnome Network Manager. Deleting your AP's shouldn't have changed things; in addition network manager has undergone a major upgrade recently so you'd be best to upgrade your installation. You can have a look at the website here but they're unlikely to be keen on supporting an oler version.

Post back if you need more help.