Thread: amanda client install on Karmic

Beans

Angry amanda client install on Karmic

I have looked many places for good tutorial on configuration of amanda client with Karmic, but none of them are good enough.

I basically got following message no matter what I change in Client side.

1. I am using 64-bit Ubuntu Karmic client with 2.5.2p1 amanda-client with xinetd.

2. The user is backup, group is backup.

3. The config file is located at /etc/amandahosts, and /var/backups/.amandahosts and /var/lib/amanda/.amandahosts using soft link to the /etc/amandahosts file.

4. /etc/amandahosts file have following line.
    192.168.0.14 backup amdump
    The 192.168.0.14 is server IP address.

error message:
    amandad: time 0.351: security_seterror(handle=0x22cfb10, driver=0x7f8054372920 (BSDTCP) error=user backup from hermes-ubunut-test.local is not allowed to execute the service noop: Please add "amdump" to the line in /var/backups/.amandahosts on the client)
    amandad: time 0.351: accept error: user backup from hermes-ubunut-test.local is not allowed to execute the service noop: Please add "amdump" to the line in /var/backups/.amandahosts on the client
    amandad: time 0.351: sending NAK pkt:
    <<<<<
    ERROR user backup from hermes-ubunut-test.local is not allowed to execute the service noop: Please add "amdump" to the line in /var/backups/.amandahosts on the client
    >>>>>

Any ideas?

Beans

Re: amanda client install on Karmic

I solved by change the /etc/amandahosts file with following line
    hermes-ubunut-test.local backup amdump

I have no idea why I have to use this machine name then IP address.