Thread: USB Problem

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

USB Problem

Hello
    I have been a bit of a idiot and screwed up my computer. I was trying to free some space and get my computer to boot quicker by deleting programs I don't use in synaptic, but I think I've deleted something I shouldn't have by mistake. No USB drives will mount in nautilus. Certain programs such as 'Disk utility' recognise its there, but in nautilus, nothing shows up. I can't find it in /media, and it doesn't show in the side bar. Any thoughts, maybe you know what I uninstalled so I can install it again. Thank you.

-joshua
    Evil terminator ran on windows, the good terminator ran on ubuntu. shows you that it is good to switch or sarah connor would have been killed by bill gates.

Beans
    Hidden!

Re: USB Problem

Code:
    sudo apt-get install gnome-volume-manager

btw, deleting stuff will not make your computer start faster or run faster, hardly anything is running its not like winblows.. you can see whats running by doing

Code:

-or-

ps aux

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

already installed, but cheers

-joshua
    Evil terminator ran on windows, the good terminator ran on ubuntu. shows you that it is good to switch or sarah connor would have been killed by bill gates.

Beans
    Hidden!

hrm already installed, well its not working so we are going to purge all the settings and start over

Code:
    sudo apt-get purge gnome-volume-manager
    sudo apt-get install gnome-volume-manager

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

im afraid no change :/

-joshua

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

i dont know what you deleted that that pervents the automounting of the usb drives, but i know you can mount it manually

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Mount/USB