Thread: Trackpad woes !

Beans

Trackpad woes !

Hi, I have a very annoying little glitch ( I won't call it a problem but it's very annoying).

I can't find the settings for my Trackpad, I am certain that it was in Mouse Settings but now it is not and my Trackpad has enabled Tapping by itself ! I can't even reduce the sensitivty for tapping. I don't want to disable trackpad altogether because I don't use a mouse and I like the scroll settings (up-down and left-right) but can't stand the tapping function.
    The scroll feature is also disabled which makes browsing web pages very fiddly due to my window preferences. I have searched the menus but can't find Trackpad settings.

Please help

Sony Vaio VGN-SZ 2HP, Ubuntu 9.10

Beans

Re: Trackpad woes !

I see a lot of people have viewed this thread but left no suggestions.

It was working fine up until yesterday but today it is not, what could have changed overnight ?

How is it that I can't find any way to adjust these settings ? Am I looking in the wrong places ?

Beans

Re: Trackpad woes !

Hmmmm well errmm something strange has happened !

I noticed a few other small glitches like bits of icons remaining on desktop in unusual places and some shortcuts not functioning and also a couple of menu items missing ! So I decided to run a system test prog which had a few difficulties and froze so I used System Monitor to locate and kill the prcocess then re-booted and guess what --- it is all back to normal now !
    I have the touchpad tab back in Mouse Settings and all my features are back to normal, I didn't need to change anything !
    How weird is that ???

The only thing I can think of is that I ran a Benchmark test last night then watched a movie before I switched off the laptop but I can't imagine how that would affect anything. I will uninstall the benchmark prog just in case, it's called System Profiler and Benchmark.