Thread: ATI Catalyst 10.1 Driver Causing CTR Monitor To Turn On & Off Rapidly

Threaded View

Beans

[SOLVED] ATI Catalyst 10.1 Driver Causing CTR Monitor To Turn On & Off Rapidly

I managed to successfully install the latest ATI Catalyst Driver 10.1 in Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala, and it solved all the problems the previous Catalyst versions caused except one significant one, my screen turns on and off very quickly and does so at intervals as quick as every second or two, to as little as every minute or two. It seems to be worst when at higher resolutions, and better on lower resolutions.

I'm using a Dell 17 inch Trinitron CRT Monitor and am using a Sapphire Radeon HD 5850 graphics card.

I never had this issue with the FOSS driver, but had other issues with that driver that compelled me to try and get ATI's Catalyst Driver to work.

I had this problem among several others with older version of the ATI Catalyst Driver, and thus this latest version of their driver, while dysfunctional is an improvement (at least for me). But I really need to resolve this issue and finally get my graphics driver fully functional, as I can't afford to try and sell off my graphics card at this point and buy an Nvidia card instead, as much as I'm tempted to.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

*EDIT: [SOLVED] You can view the solution to this problem here. Though it isn't conclusive, those are the possible causes of the issue, which may be, if only in part, driver related.
    Last edited by curtissthompson; March 29th, 2010 at 08:38 PM. Reason: Solution To Problem Discovered