Thread: Ubuntu 8.10 for Ppc Won't Connect To My Own Router Why?

Beans

Angry Ubuntu 8.10 for Ppc Won't Connect To My Own Router Why?

Hi everyone, My problem is little different then what ive seen here..... i get the same message after inputting network name and password.... i click connect and it just pops up again i don't get it. I'm running Ubuntu 8.10 for Ppc (PS3) i get no internet connection what so ever just the same message.The message i get is " authentication required by wireless network " What do i need to do to connect wireless to my router with my PS3 using Ubuntu 8.10? It does connect with a Ethernet Wire. Please explain in detail im new with Linux.

Vinnyd

Beans

Re: Ubuntu 8.10 for Ppc Won't Connect To My Own Router Why?

A update on my situation Hi and thanks but the problem is now different..... i found out that its WPA that ubuntu wont connect to. I Switch the setting on my router to WEP and it connects wireless now. So no the question is how do i get Ubuntu to except my WPA connection. When i try the error message is " Wireless Network Authentication Required " and it keeps saying that. anybody please i need help. This get a lot of views but no one is willing to help me out??? whats up with this forum ?