Thread: Transparent shell appears on all workspaces ?

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Lubuntu

Transparent shell appears on all workspaces ?

Hello,
    I found a relatively straightforward tutorial in the forums here on how to make a completely transparent shell with Compiz Fusion :

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=859858

I followed it to the book and all seems fine except for one thing. Whenever I start the "transparent gnome-terminal" using either

Code:
     ubuntu8-10:~$ gnome-terminal --window-with-profile=trans
    or FILE-->> OPEN TERMINAL-->>TRANS in a standard gnome-terminal , I get the transparent terminal opening not only on the current workspace but on all of the remaining other three as well ! I'm pretty certain this is a Compiz related matter as none of my other gnome-terminal profiles ( all of which are regular non-transparent) behave in such a way. Any idea on how I can solve this problem ?

Thanks
    C

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Lubuntu

Re: Transparent shell appears on all workspaces ?

Problem solved. Just sharing the solution if it helps anyone in future.

From the tutorial :

"Go to the Window Rules plugin. Add "title=trans" to the following fields (This will turn the terminals into a widget-like windows):

* Skip taskbar, Skip pager, Below, Sticky, Non resizable windows, Non minimizable windows, Non maximizable windows, Non closable windows."

Adding "title=trans" to the "Skip pager" field results in the transparent terminal being opened on all workspaces. Leave this field blank and the terminal will only open on your current workspace.

c

Beans
    Hidden!

Re: Transparent shell appears on all workspaces ?

thanks!

The tutorial I followed had actually covered that that and I filled in the fields, but, I forgot to check the check box to make them all applicable. ha!

anyways, this was the last step in getting everything to work, thanks!