Page 41 of 42 FirstFirst ... 3139404142 LastLast

Thread: Guayadeque Music Player

Beans

Re: Guayadeque Music Player

Quote Originally Posted by ivanovnegro View Post
    The randomize button, I think you are right, once clicked you cannot disable it. You have to populate the playlist again.
    sry i was wrong. i thought that when i start an album from the browser it is randomised(i just saw that it isnt in the order in it should be), but it isnt. it is just played in abc order. so my real problem is that how to play the albums with the real track order.(the randomiser still strange though. i prefer the way how audacious handle it. you can turn it on and off and it doesn't reorder the list)

the icon is strange though, sometimes it is fine then it isnt invisible again. it isnt a big problem though.
    Last edited by inigo48; November 23rd, 2010 at 05:37 PM.

ivanovnegro is offline Grande Half-n-Half Cinnamon Ubuntu
    Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Quote Originally Posted by inigo48 View Post
    sry i was wrong. i thought that when i start an album from the browser it is randomised(i just saw that it isnt in the order in it should be), but it isnt. it is just played in abc order. so my real problem is that how to play the albums with track order.(the randomiser still strange though. i prefer the way how audacious handle it. you can turn it on and off and it doesn't reorder the list)

the icon is strange though, sometimes it is fine then it isnt invisible again. it isnt a big problem though.
    Some people noticed yet that the randomize function is not working well, me included. I agree with you.
    The damned icon, its not bothering me as I dont need eyecandy at all but its strange that all apps are working fine on the panel except G-deque, I dont undestand it and some younger players like Clementine (I think its younger) just integrated MPRIS2 and G-deque not. In some apects G-deque has very good features but in others its behind and isolated, just like the development, there is one guy and thats all.

Beans

In some apects G-deque has very good features but in others its behind and isolated, just like the development, there is one guy and thats all.
    I find the most potential in this player. I usually don't like these kind of players with media library(rhythmbox, banshee etc), so it is a big thing i really like this one I have the feeling, one day this'll be the default audio player in ubuntu

do you have any idea how should I play an album from the browser tab(album view) in the correct track order and not in abc order?

ivanovnegro is offline Grande Half-n-Half Cinnamon Ubuntu
    Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Quote Originally Posted by inigo48 View Post
    I find the most potential in this player. I usually don't like these kind of players with media library(rhythmbox, banshee etc), so it is a big thing i really like this one I have the feeling, one day this'll be the default audio player in ubuntu

do you have any idea how should I play an album from the browser tab(album view) in the correct track order and not in abc order?
    Yes, go to the pane under the columns and sort by number. Then you will be able to play the tracks in the right order. You can sort it from there how you prefer.
    Last edited by ivanovnegro; November 24th, 2010 at 05:36 AM.

Beans

Yes, go to the pane under the columns and sort by number. Then you will be able to play the tracks in the right order. You can sort it from there how you prefer.
    thx, it worked! i thought that the library tab and the browser tab are independent.

Beans

I installed yesterday from the Mint Debian repositories. Can I install the SVN over it?

Thanks

Beans

Wink notification area

the player is not minimising to the notification area but into an icon below the start button and it would be nice to integrate it like the amarok and rhythmbox with the volume icon.
    i really like the player but my major upset was not minimising to notification area

Beans
    Hidden!

Re: notification area

Quote Originally Posted by challapradyumna View Post
    the player is not minimising to the notification area but into an icon below the start button and it would be nice to integrate it like the amarok and rhythmbox with the volume icon.
    i really like the player but my major upset was not minimising to notification area
    Integration with sound menu has just been implemented. If you have been building guayadeque from svn then you have to install libindicate-dev as new dependenty and rebuild. If you don't know how to build svn follow this link:
    http://guayadeque.org/forums/index.p...ing#InstallSVN
    Best Linux Player: Guayadeque

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Lightbulb Re: Guayadeque Music Player

Thanks for this great music player! It's the first one I have tried that I am completely happy with.

Here's a random thought / suggestion. I didn't see any mention of this in the thread, but I could have missed it as it's pretty long. Have you ever considered making some kind of remote control interface for this that could be run on Android? It would be pretty amazing to have some kind of (slimmed-down?) guayadeque interface that would control the copy of guayadeque running on my desktop computer. Nice multitouch interface to filter by genre / artist / album / whatever, drag songs over to the playlist with my finger, skip, change volume, etc.

I imagine that would be quite a bit of work, and unfortunately I can't offer to help. I also don't really know how many people have an android device and would find this useful. But I couldn't resist making the suggestion.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

I recently installed Ubuntu 11.04 and guayadeque crashes every single time.. When I try to install it with "sudo apt-get install guayadeque", at some point the installer reports an error and quits..

Has anyone else had this issue?

Page 41 of 42 FirstFirst ... 3139404142 LastLast