Thread: Thoughts:Google Chrome Beta

Beans
    Hidden!

Question Thoughts:Google Chrome Beta

hi

Just been testing out Google Chrome Beta 4.0.249.43-r34537(now)

any one tried it ; what's your views on Chrome in general
    Two tin cans are better than an iphone

http://www.ehow.co.uk/how_2067160_ma...hone.html?cr=1

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: Thoughts:Google Chrome Beta

I use Chrome as my main browser now and Chromium on Linux. I just find it's sleeker than any other browser and it just works best for me.

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by Redache View Post
    I use Chrome as my main browser now and Chromium on Linux. I just find it's sleeker than any other browser and it just works best for me.
    just thought on checking memory use

Firefox and Chrome : Chrome lowest
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by alexfish; February 1st, 2010 at 06:56 AM.
    Two tin cans are better than an iphone

http://www.ehow.co.uk/how_2067160_ma...hone.html?cr=1

pwnst*r is offline Gee! These Aren't Roasted!
    Beans
    Hidden!

Try searching the forum. This has been done several times.

Recurring -->

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

After using Chrome I am finding it increasingly difficult to return to Firefox. The light interface and speed makes it a killer application. Bookmarking though needs improvement IMO.
    Last edited by amitabhishek; February 1st, 2010 at 07:04 AM.
    Reality is an illusion that occurs due to lack of alcohol.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Studio 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Quote Originally Posted by amitabhishek View Post
    After using Chrome I am finding it increasingly difficult to return to Firefox. The light interface and speed makes it a killer application. Bookmarking though needs improvement IMO.
    Yeah, is so light that you can't even export your passwords if you need to

On Firefox you have extensions to make anything you want, including storing your passwords in KWallet and Gnome Keyring.

It doesn't even have a sidebar. Seriously, what were they thinking?

Yes, it's lightening fast, but Firefox is improving speed on every new release and it is much better than most other browsers.

I have almost 50 extensions installed and Firefox takes only 5 seconds to be fully loaded.

I really tried to use Chrome, but it can't do a fraction of what I do with Firefox.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Question Re: Thoughts:Google Chrome Beta

Yea the chrome browser is fast but reading the EULA tells me we pay a price for this speed I quote
    “By submitting, posting or displaying the content you give Google a perpetual, irrevocable, worldwide, royalty-free, and non-exclusive license to reproduce, adapt, modify, translate, publish, publicly perform, publicly display and distribute any content which you submit, post or display on or through, the services. This license is for the sole purpose of enabling Google to display, distribute and promote the services and may be revoked for certain services as defined in the additional terms of those services.”
    I copied this right from the "agreement" after reading this I uninstalled chrome (I used chrome on some windows PC's) now granted thats in older versions, now the newer builds all say this
    “Google acknowledges and agrees that it obtains no right, title or interest from you (or your licensors) under these Terms in or to any Content that you submit, post, transmit or display on, or through, the Services, including any intellectual property rights which subsist in that … ”
    I saved copies of the agreements but neglected to note the version numbers or builds (if anyone knows please post) The bottom line for me is any software with an agreement like this, that seems to have been changed when it became unpopular, I am sorry I can't trust the software NO MATTER HOW FAST. I'll stick to Firefox. My question is how does chromium fit into it ? Does Chromium not use the same code? what's the difference?
    Last edited by beast2k; February 2nd, 2010 at 11:22 PM. Reason: grammer + spelling