Thread: Rhythmbox time tags wrong using EasyTag

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Unhappy Rhythmbox time tags wrong using EasyTag

I just used EasyTAG 2.1.5 under Ubuntu 9.10 to update the tags on my music files running on Rhythmbox 0.12.5, and now Rhythmbox shows that the runtimes (Time) of dozens of my mp3's are now 27:03:11. That means Rhythmbox thinks all those songs are 27 hours, 3 minutes, and 11 seconds long, which they are not. Some are now shown as 54:06:23. So far they are all playing correctly, but the slider at the top of the Rhythmbox window barely moves, making it difficult, if not impossible, to jump to different points in the songs. Nothing else seems to have been affected. Any help or ideas would be appreciated. Thank you.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: Rhythmbox time tags wrong using EasyTag

Quote Originally Posted by ssemel View Post
    I just used EasyTAG 2.1.5 under Ubuntu 9.10 to update the tags on my music files running on Rhythmbox 0.12.5, and now Rhythmbox shows that the runtimes (Time) of dozens of my mp3's are now 27:03:11. That means Rhythmbox thinks all those songs are 27 hours, 3 minutes, and 11 seconds long, which they are not. Some are now shown as 54:06:23. So far they are all playing correctly, but the slider at the top of the Rhythmbox window barely moves, making it difficult, if not impossible, to jump to different points in the songs. Nothing else seems to have been affected. Any help or ideas would be appreciated. Thank you.
    I know this is quite old by now, but I just encountered somewhat of the same problem..
    I moved some of my music from an USB to my HDD, and now, most of my songs are tagged as being 27:03:11 long..
    Anyone figure anything out by now?