Thread: Opera 10.50 Pre-Alpha for Linux released.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

Opera 10.50 Pre-Alpha for Linux released.

This spring we are doing everything a bit different. Firstly we have staffed up our desktop engineering team with a large number of great engineers. This means we are moving faster than ever before. Secondly as you know we are undertaking some massive changes to the platform integration that will give significant improvements for all three desktop platforms. The current estimates for the remaining work for Opera 10.50 indicates however that we will reach final product quality earlier on Windows than on the other platforms. Such we have decided to not let Windows users wait for the other platforms to catch up and rather push it out earlier than the rest. You will notice this in the near future as as we will reach the beta milestone for Windows, while Mac and Linux will reach beta around the time Opera 10.50 reaches final on Windows. Obviously when the Windows version hits final we will focus our attention on bringing the other platforms to the same quality as soon as possible. We also expect this to be an exception from how we work, meaning we will in the future once again ship final versions for all platforms at the same time.
    Source: http://my.opera.com/desktopteam/blog...erated-process

Download: http://snapshot.opera.com/unix/snapshot-6201/

I've tested (Peacekeeper) it under Windows 7, will test it soon on Ubuntu. I attached the results
    Attached Images Attached Images
    If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. - A. Einstein

Beans

Re: Opera 10.50 Pre-Alpha for Linux released.

Thanks for the heads up.The previous build always crashed so Ill give this one a try
    Reason: no beans

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

Small update, now the Peacekeeper results under Ubuntu 10.4 (Lucid)... looking promising.
    Opera version: opera-10.50-6201.linux.x86_64
    Attached Images Attached Images
    If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. - A. Einstein

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu

They just released build 6204.

Btw. I'm pretty sure there's earlier threads about Opera 10.50
    Vera! Vera! What has become of you?