Thread: Help!!!

Beans

Angry Help!!!

Anyone in OH that can help me with this ubuntu mini 9 I would be very appreciative! Don't know what son did, but when he was done, we had no internet connection, it won't let me log on as admin to even attempt to fix it, I'd like to get it back to factory settings and start all over again if possible...plez HELP!!!!!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Re: Help!!!

Calm down lol. What happens when you boot the machine?

Beans

Re: Help!!!

Ok...When it starts up, it goes to a log in that gives you the option to choose on that log in, I have a secured log in but when I type it in, it just restarts all over again, so then I chose the gnome log in, that goes to the the home page where I then try to log onto the net, which it won't do. it then tells me that it could not find the web site I requested. So i then go to the options at the top, i choose preferences, selecting admin and then internet connection, it's solid blue, so i try to log in as admin and it says cannot authenticate, and won't let me do it there. I've tried everything and nothing works. this is why I asked if anyone knew how to reset it to factory settings that maybe that would enable me to start fresh and the internet connection would return and i can then redo everything. it doesn't matter about loosing anything else because the user is a child, so it won't matter about data. i'm just not a computer savy person, lol, so it's been kinda nerve racking. If I can get it to the beginning, factory settings from start, like a brand new computer, i thought all would be ok....

Beans

Wink Re: Help!!!

I have a few ? thay may help use clear thing up.

1. Dell Inspiron mini 9 ?
    2. Was it factory Ubuntu 8.04 or Windows Xp ?
    3. If it shipped with Ubuntu do you have a restore cd?

If the factory OS was XP you can start buy looking at steps 2-3 Here

If you have the factory restore disk that should have shipped with the netbook. You will need a cope of usb-creator.exe or linux-live-usb-creator then follow the guilds on that page or here .https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Installation/FromUSBStick

I hope this is of some help and please overlook my bad spelling and grammar.

--Powerr