I was playing around with Aircrack the other night, and trying to utilise the patches that would allow packet injection, but it wasn't working for me, so I rebooted. After that, though, my wireless card seems to have gone completely haywire. It doesn't show up at all in iwconfig. Before, I had 4 entries: lo, eth0, irda0, and eth1, which was the wireless. Now, only the first three show up.
This is what it comes up as under lspci:
I've tried a number of solutions I've found online, including doing a cold boot, reinstalling the driver (Broadcom STA) and starting up from a cold boot, and am now trying this approach. Nothing has worked, so far.
04:00.0 Network controller: Broadcom Corporation BCM4311 802.11b/g WLAN (rev 01)
I'm getting really desperate. I need my wireless working for university, which starts shortly, and I might even switch back to Windoze if there's no feasible solution.
Thanks, guys, for anything you can help with.