Thread: Updater stuck on language-pack-en

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot

Updater stuck on language-pack-en

Running 8.0.4LTS.

I can't get rid of the Adept Notifier applet because Adept Updater cannot download language-pack-en 1:8.04+20100117. It always comes up with a Requested of "no change". If I do a Request Upgrade it changes to "BREAK (upgrade)", but when I hit Apply Updates, I get the following error:

Could not commit changes - Adept Notifier
    There was an error commiting changes. Possibly there was a problem downloading some packages or the commit would break packages.
    I can live without a new language-pack-en, but I would like to clear it from my Adept Notifier, so I can see when I really do need updates.

-HF

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Re: Updater stuck on language-pack-en

You're not alone, hangfire... which means they are probably working on it.

EDIT:

I guess I could have mentioned that for the time being you can simply hover your mouse over the Adept Notifier icon and see if it lists more than one updated package available.

Also... checked LaunchPad... it has been posted, along with the information that this issue will resolve itself when language-pack-en-base is updated, which is the dependency that is breaking the language-pack-en installation.
    Last edited by HousieMousie2; January 29th, 2010 at 07:28 PM.
    "There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - That principle is contempt prior to investigation."
    Herbert Spencer

Beans

I cleared my Adept Notifier from showing it needed upgrading by hitting the blue "arrow" symbol next to it, choosing the "Details" box that then shows up, and then choosing the "Remove" box that then shows up.

I sure hope I wasn't too hasty in my repairs?

Beans

Unhappy Re: Updater stuck on language-pack-en

same happened to me, also wanted to get rid of the adept notification for the language-pack-en, but now seems things are really broken:

uninstalled the language-pack-en-base, because I wanted to reinstall afterwards..
    both language-pack-en and language-pack-en-base happily told "not installed"
    but when I tried to reinstall language-pack-en-base, it now tells "BREAK" too!
    no matter what I try now, in what combination ever, it's impossible to reinstall again

this is quite annoying, so please fix this bug, or advise how to get around..

Jack

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 6.06

Thanks for the heads up. I actually killed the notifier since it was bugging me last week. rather surprised that it's still not resolved this week. Anyway, I guess I will deal with it for the time being.

Thanks again for the heads-up.

regards,

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by HousieMousie2 View Post
    Also... checked LaunchPad... it has been posted, along with the information that this issue will resolve itself when language-pack-en-base is updated, which is the dependency that is breaking the language-pack-en installation.
    Good to know, I checked launchPad as well but I guess I was too early. Wasn't sure what package to complain about, Adept or language-pack-en or what.

Just added myself as a fellow sufferer on Bug #514329.

-HF

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 6.06

The rest of the package was in tonights security update once I logged onto the net. Adept did it's magic mojo and all is well again.

If you killed adept, the next time you boot, the new packages will show up and clear your back-log.

Thanks Ubuntu and forum people!

regards,

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by a_hippie View Post
    The rest of the package was in tonights security update once I logged onto the net. Adept did it's magic mojo and all is well again.
    Applied updates too, and all is well here.

Amazing that such breakage would slip through on an LTS release. I guess the Conanical folks are very busy with 10.4.

-HF