Thread: 9.10 for ps3

Beans

9.10 for ps3

hey guys just need some help. I installed 9.10 for ps3 no problems ,the problem i'm having is wireless internet connection is there but can get on. it ask for wep pass which i enter it hangs for minute or so comes back and asks again. i can see other networks also.i'm new with this if some can help much pls and thanks

Beans

Unhappy Re: 9.10 for ps3

anyone anyone . I guess im out of luck

Beans

Re: 9.10 for ps3

Can I ask what's the purpose of 9.10 on PS3? Just curious.

Beans

its like having another operating system on ps3 like running a full pc on and not affect the gaming side of the console

Beans

I don't think that it's a PS3 only problem as it happened to me on my Broadcom card for my laptop also. It just would hang for a while, but turning off the Networking then turning it back on seemed to help then deleting the connection and trying to connect again fixed my problem.

BTW how does it run, is it slow? (Been wanting to install on mine for a while)
    Last edited by ninja togo; January 29th, 2010 at 04:12 AM. Reason: grammer
    15 year old hack/PSP/PS3/Computer/PhotoShop lover

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by ninja togo View Post
    I don't think that it's a PS3 only problem as it happened to me on my Broadcom card for my laptop also. It just would hang for a while, but turning off the Networking then turning it back on seemed to help then deleting the connection and trying to connect again fixed my problem.

BTW how does it run, is it slow? (Been wanting to install on mine for a while)
    Also to add to that it may help to manually disconnect then move either the router or the PS3 closer to each other and try again as I found Ubuntu to have a hard time trying to connect to a signal of 40% or lower upon first connect.
    15 year old hack/PSP/PS3/Computer/PhotoShop lover

Beans

ninja thanks for the response. funny thing is before i checked your email .i found out what the problem was. so I got it up and running and using as we speak. its not bad it does slow down if your downloading and browsing at the same time . but other wise pretty kool. I'm also using wiresless mouse and keyboard on a 22" lcd monitor. if you need any help with install let me know i did run in to one while installing but got that fix so let me know thanks again