Thread: Meerkat Interface w TV via HDMI

Beans

Meerkat Interface w TV via HDMI

Greetings Ubuntu/Sys76 Meerkat Users:

I am in the process of setting up the Meerkat ION as a media server. Planned outputs will be to a Samsung Television and Denon Amplifier. In my initial attempt I connected the HDMI output to the TV. The boot process appeared to progress normally (as viewed on the TV) until Ubuntu was loading the desktop. At that point, only the background was visible, and mouse pointer froze in middle of screen. Only a hard reset after 10 minutes modified the process. I repeated two times and then sought help from Tech Support at Sys76. TS referred me to this forum.

Has anyone successfully set up a TV with the Meerkat Desktop? Which physical ports did you use? HDMI? Optical? Were there any mods required on the config files?

Thank you in advance.

Ultimately, the goal is to have the Meerkat delivery video, streaming video, pictures, music, etc to the TV/amplifier.

kew

Beans

Re: Meerkat Interface w TV via HDMI

I believe I had to add the Nvidia PPA. I got it to output to my TV.

I eventually installed openSuse on the box.

Beans

Was able to get the Video to play straight to the TV via a VGA M-M cable. (Wife had the cable for work presentation purposes....did not know I/we had it.) I will still try to get the HDMI output to work at some time.

Now working on the optical sound output to the TV....may have to post again....kew

Beans

I was able to do a DVI-HDMI connection with updated drivers from the PPA