Thread: keeps logging out by itself

Hybrid View

Beans

keeps logging out by itself

I've tried to find a solution on other posts but can't find one.
    Please help. Karmic keeps logging me out automatically. Sometimes there are less than five minutes between logouts.
    Initially I upgraded from Jaunty, so, in case that was at fault, I then did a clean install, but that hasn't worked either.
    I've been hoping one of the updates will fix it, but no joy yet.
    Can anyone help?
    I'm far from expert on this so I'd appreciate simple steps!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Re: keeps logging out by itself

Does it log you out completely, closing all your apps and everything else that was running or did it lock your screen i.e ask for a password when it becomes active.

You can check your screensaver and power settings in System > Preferences menu.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

mine did that and even worse it would log me out immediately x start. It wasnt a screensaver but it was my pci sound card and later that week my pc wouldnt beep till I removed the card and voila it never occured again
    Monitor: LG flatron w1954s 22", mobo: G31-m7 series, CPU: Intel LGA 775 Intel core duo 2 2,66GHZ, RAM: 3GB, GPU: ATI Radeom HD 2400, Storage: 500GB SATA and 80GB IDE, Windows 7 ultimate and Ubuntu

Beans

Arrow Re: keeps logging out by itself

I have had the problem, too. There is another thread on this same issue, but no solution that I've seen.

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1387438

Tim

Beans

Goes to a black screen then to the login screen (sometimes with the ubuntu loading type screen briefly). All applications closed. Power and screensaver setting seem fine - it's not following periods of inactivity, it's when I'm doing stuff (any stuff; doesn't appear specific to any application).
    (I'd been following the previous thread but there were so many variations to do with freezes and crashes on it I got confused.)
    Last edited by alanjohnsmith; January 30th, 2010 at 12:20 PM.

Beans

I have the same issue; occasionally while working, the screen will go black, and then the ubuntu splash screen will appear, and then a login box (it's a single-user setup and the login box does not appear during normal boot-up). If I log back in, all applications have been closed, etc.