Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Against noise: does it exist some computer cases / tower completely silent?

Hybrid View

Beans

Against noise: does it exist some computer cases / tower completely silent?

Hello

Against noise, towers are making too much noise. Is there any particular advice what to buy that has very low db to no noise at all: completely silent. It exists sure good ones, I got few proposals by the shop...(damn I lost this little paper list btw) but completely silent, no noise, that would be a dream!

For a good price / quality, which case (tower preferably) could be advised to be a good deal ?

Happy Tux!

Beans

Re: Against noise: does it exist some computer cases / tower completely silent?

Any case plus sound dampening foam, SSDs or suspended HDDS, and good fans.

Beans

Beans

• underclocked/Low power CPU + big heat sink and no fan or a custom fan (most are much quierter than the standard fan)
    • no gfx card/get a custom fan for that too.
    • Thick metal case

Beans

I build my pc with quiet in mind.
    I've choosen a Antec P182 case- a bit expensive, but nice. it's really silent, as long as it's door is closed (unfortunatelly, i've broke it :/). do not forget about choosing good, quiet fans (well... case has some, but i replaced few of them), good heatsink on processor, quiet (passive cooled, if possible) graphic card and, last but not least, quiet PSU.

Beans

I heard that the 'cool master' brand cases produce : No single sound. ... is it right?

Beans
    Hidden!

Silentpc might provide some ideas.
    Last edited by John.Michael.Kane; January 26th, 2010 at 11:27 PM.
    Advantages and Disadvantages of 64bit.(Plus install Guides)

‘In search of some small measure of peace, that we all seek, and few of us ever find.’

Beans

which model? CM produces decent cases, but some of them are cheap (in bad meaning) and sobme are really good. you have to specify which model you are thinking about.

and when you will choose your case- do not forget, that- if you are using hdd- it should not be connected 'directly' (i.e. with 'raw' screws) to case, there should be an insulation- of course you can buy it in shop, if your case don't have it. And do not forget about good fans- i can recommend Noctua P12- they are really good, but 3 pin only /no software control/

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail

Use water cooling instead of air. Problem solved.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tristam Green View Post
    I can tell you something about a turntable.
    I have two of them.
    And a microphone.
    Where it's at.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Maheriano View Post
    Use water cooling instead of air. Problem solved.
    That still depends on the fin density of rad and fans used.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast