Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rhythmbox not fetching album art?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Rhythmbox not fetching album art?

I've got the plugin enabled and I'm definitely connected to the internet. The space where album art should be used to show a loading circle (on Hardy), but doesn't do anything here.

On a related note, are there any music players for Ubuntu that are actually really good? Rhythmbox is sparsely featured, Banshee's a bit slow and Songbird (while looking awesome) doesn't fit with GTK at all.

Help?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: Rhythmbox not fetching album art?

Check your rhythmbox settings...(I'm not sure)
    Have you tried amarok(it's a KDE app but liked by many)
    POWER: Intel xeon 4x2.66GHz,4GB quad channel ecc DDR400(800MHz),210GB SCSI raid0(6x36GB) 512MB cache.
    PC: Intel E6600 @ 3.24GHz. NVIDIA 9800GT. 2GB DDR @ 833MHz. Ubuntu UE 2.6 64 (10.04)

Beans

Hmm for me it can take a few minutes before it gets the artwork.

Beans
    Distro

If I put a CD in it seems to get the art immediately, but playing from the library and it doesn't at all.

As for Amarok, I really need something that fits well with GTK. Banshee's almost perfect - just slow.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

I have a large collection and got tired of messing with Amarok and Rythmbox's retrieval so I just go here. http://www.albumart.org/us/ and find the album art I want and put it in the CD's folder after I rip it... that way I always have it anyway, Amarok automatically sees it, don't know about Rythmbox, but I imagine that it would.

Beans
    Distro

I have all the almbums art but rythmbox has a great delay when showing it, I really don't like it, I'm trying quod libet, it looks the same as Rythmbox, scans the library in a heartbeat and the album covers appear instanly...so long rythmbox. Songbird is great too.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 6.06

Album art is not showing in my collection when playing music. I think this is a 'show stopper'. Especially when you use Rhythmbox with an ipod, where it's kinda handy.

But I fixed it by using this plug-in:
    http://code.google.com/p/albumartsearch/

It searches album covers on Google images. You're presented a list of images. If you like one the image is draggable to the album art part (bottom left hand).

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

I found that its a bit annoying getting album art to show, dare I say it, but its not as simple as say *whispers iTunes...but I have found a personal system to go about it.

First of all I installed this script :-

CoverChooser

It works quite well, but on occasion crashes. I can live with that, however, lol.

Then I simply tag with Easytag (look in the software centre)

And Bobs your Uncle

Tag away!
    Why use ******* when Ubuntu breaks down walls...

******* users save yourself some trouble and click here

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

However, I like kcleong's approach, particularly as I use rhythmbox as my default player. Theres a raft of sweet plugins for it these days. If your not a fan of how Covergloobus does things it even has a simple plugin that does the same thing.

Quick link to some awesome plugins

Theres loads of stuff here really good blog for all things Ubuntu.
    Why use ******* when Ubuntu breaks down walls...

******* users save yourself some trouble and click here

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Hi, I have this problem on Maverick 64-bit. I have Rhythmbox 0.13.1 and the plugin for artwork ('Cover art' checkbox in the 'Configure Plugins' dialog) is enabled. I have an active Internet connection. I haven't checked to see what happens if I play from a library but certainly running music directly through the ODD doesn't pickup album artwork. I had RHCP Stadium Arcadium playing for over an hour and in all that time it never found the artwork. If it was an obscure album I would be more forgiving. The same behaviour was also exhibited for Nirvana's 'In Utero' - over an hour of playback and no artwork displayed. Does anybody have any ideas before I report this as if I can solve it here that saves me taking up developer time with what is essentially something that is not critical to me but is 'nice to have'. My machine spec, if this is a factor, is in my signature. Thanks in advance.
    Lenovo G550 2958 | X64 | Mobile Intel GM45 Express | NVIDIA GeForce G105M | 128GB Crucial RealSSD C300 | Intel Core 2 Extreme Processor (X9100) | Crucial 8GB SODIMM DDR3 | Intel PRO/Wireless 5100 AGN [Shiloh].

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast