Serval (SERP5) Wireless Network Does Not Refresh
I upgraded to Karmic a while back with no problems. Everything works accept for the typical disabling the modem software to enable audio.
However, I noticed that this problem was even present in Hardy.
SERP5 wirelessly connected to a Netgear router via 802.11 N.
Steps to reproduce:
1. Laptop is successfully connected to 802.11 N network.
2. Netgear 802.11 N disappears (Router needs to be restarted)
3. Netgear 802.11 N restarts, and other laptops are able to reconnect, however SERP 5 does not see the specific 802.11N network. Other networks are visible though.
4. I "disable wireless", and then "re-enable wireless" via the checkbox options in the icon tray.
5. No networks re-appear. None. I now "disable network" and "enable network" via checkbox options in icon tray.
6. No wireless networks appear. I'm forced to use the wired connection.
7. I perform the following command: sudo iwlist wlan0 scan
8. I get the following response
wlan0 Failed to read scan data : Resource temporarily unavailable
My only option is to restart the laptop, and need to setup my entire work space again.
Is this a known issue? And if so, what is the solution?
System76 Serval(SERP5), Quadcore Q9000, 8GB DDR3, 1920x1200