Thread: Unable to turn on visual effects after performing update

Beans

Question Unable to turn on visual effects after performing update

I'm running Karmic on an Acer Aspire AO751h and very aware of the issues regarding the GMA500 ans psb drivers, and after reading all the forums I've finally accomplished to make it work just fine. Last week it performed an update via the update manager and since then I haven't been able to restore/run any of the compiz settings and found out that the problem is that it doesn't let me turn on my visual effects under the appearance settings. When I attempt to set them as normal or extra, it starts "searching for available drivers" then the screen blinks several times, goes black, hides every window and just shows me my desktop background and then come back again and displays "Desktop effects could not be enabled". As I mentioned before, Compiz was running fine and I had no issues with the visual effects prior to the last update perfomed a week ago. Can you help me please?? If you need further information I'll be more than glad to provide them tou you, this is driving me nuts!!! Thanks

Beans

Re: Unable to turn on visual effects after performing update

If you are using nvidia drivers re-install them if radeon then ----> http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1385261

Beans

Cool Re: Unable to turn on visual effects after performing update

how would I recognize the ones I have? where do I look or what command shuld I type, I'm still kinda new with linux...