Thread: how to get music on ubuntu or linux in general?

Beans

how to get music on ubuntu or linux in general?

i know windows have programs like limewire to download music. does ubuntu/linux have that? if not, how else do you get your music?

Beans

Re: how to get music on ubuntu or linux in general?

Do a search for "free legal mp3s" or similar, you'll get hits like this, some of these must be good.

http://www.downloadsquad.com/2008/08...al-mp3s-music/

I use Spotify to stream music.

Frostwire is the linux equivalent of Limewire.

Beans

Limewire also exists for linux ..

Beans

A program called Frostwire is in most of the repos, java based with a limewire feel to it and no annoying pop-ups asking you to upgrade to a proversion
    "Linux allows for one thing above all else - 'A user can truly be themselves!'" - Myself 02/21/2009

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

You use either a dual boot system with windows/linux or put a windows system in a virtual machine that runs under your linux system. Just because you use linux doesn't mean you can never use your microsoft products ever again... I mean after all you PAID for them so you might as well use them. Anyway, that's how I feel about it. I stream netflix through a virtualbox that has XP in it... and I use that same box to download music legally with an emusic subscription.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Don't know if this is what you have in mind, but Mindawn has everything in FLAC or OGG format.
    I asked the Lord for patience and He led me to Linux
    Linux User #470874 | Ubuntu User #22063

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Garman View Post
    You use either a dual boot system with windows/linux or put a windows system in a virtual machine that runs under your linux system. Just because you use linux doesn't mean you can never use your microsoft products ever again... I mean after all you PAID for them so you might as well use them. Anyway, that's how I feel about it. I stream netflix through a virtualbox that has XP in it... and I use that same box to download music legally with an emusic subscription.

could you possibly explain how to go about making a virtual o.s. like this ?? vista/ubuntu ???plz help me