Page 6 of 32 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: HP Mini 210 touchpad right click not working

Beans

Re: HP Mini 210 touchpad right click not working

This thread attracted me to this forum. Can safely say the patch is effective on my HP Mini-210 running Backtrack 4 Final, and unlike other methods I have previously tried it retains its settings after reboot. An easy fix was to use a USB mouse, but can't always have that on me!

Many thanks to those involved in its production.

Beans

In Lucid should be enough to APPEND to the file /usr/lib/X11/xorg.conf.d/10-synaptics.conf
    the following code
    Code:
    Section "InputClass"
            Identifier "HP Mini 2010"
            MatchProduct "SynPS/2 Synaptics TouchPad"
            MatchDevicePath "/dev/input/event*"
            Driver "synaptics"
            Option "TapButton2" "3"
            Option "EmulateTwoFingerMinZ" "15"
            Option "EmulateTwoFingerMinW" "5"
            Option "JumpyCursorThreshold" "200"
            Option "VertTwoFingerScroll" "1"
            Option "HorizTwoFingerScroll" "1"
    EndSection
    Please, leave untouched the previous lines of the file.
    In my case it partially works: all the settings are applied except the {Vert,Horiz}TwoFingerScroll . It is strange since in the Xorg.0.log file it is written that the value is updated. According to me there is a gnome configuration that overwrites the value... but I haven't find it yet.
    Maybe it is usefull to someone

Beans
    Distro
    Lubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

I created a script to set my touch pad settings, placed the script in my home directory (~/username/bin/myscripts/)and and then added the script to my start-up applications (System->Preferences->start up applications). I only set the JumpyCursorThreshold but you could add whatever preferences you like.

The script looks like this:

Code:
    #!/bin/sh
    synclient JumpyCursorThreshold=200
    Settings are lost when you sleep and resume, so I added an icon to my favourites folder to run the script by hand if necessary.

I looked into calling the script automatically after resume, but the notification of resume comes too early, before user settings load, and I could not get it to work.

Garvan
    Desktop: Dell, Intel Core 2 Duo E7500 @ 2.93Ghz, 2GiB RAM, Linux Mint 13 Maya.
    Net-book: SAMSUNG N148-Plus, 2x Intel Atom CPU N450 @1.66Ghz, 1GB RAM, lubuntu 12.04.
    Laptop: Dell, Intel i5 @2.5Ghz, 4GB RAM, Win 7

Beans

Hi. I believe I've finally solved this problem. I've enclosed the solution in the attachment. Basically, it goes like this:

1. Copy the enclosed file as 11-touchpad.conf into this directory: /usr/lib/X11/xorg.conf.d/
    2. In addition, it's also necessary to execute the following command:

gconftool-2 --set /desktop/gnome/peripherals/touchpad/scroll_method 2 --type int

You only need to run this command once; unless you play around with gnome-mouse-properties, the setting will be remembered until you change it. You need root privileges to copy the config file, but the gconftool-2 command should be run as your regular login user.

If you follow these steps, two-fingered scrolling and double-tap for right click will be enabled on your touchpad, even on non-multitouch hardware. It will work even after restart, hibernate, or suspend. If the responsiveness isn't exactly your liking, you can change the EmulateTwoFingerMinZ, EmulateTwoFingerMinW, and JumpyCursorThreshold settings in the file; the best value for these settings also depends on your hardware. The EmulateTwoFingerMinW is the most interesting; this is the minimum width of the touch that should be considered two-finger, and should thus activate scrolling.

I've tested this on my HP Mini 210 running Lucid. I'd love to hear if this works for you, too.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Beans
    Distro

Hi,

Yes it works, and it solves the problem of settings being lost after suspend and resume. Thanks for sharing.

Garvan
    Net-book: SAMSUNG N148-Plus, 2x Intel Atom CPU N450 @1.66Ghz, 1GB RAM, lubuntu 12.04.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

I also was searching and found this site, i'm not sure what all of this mean but i think that it can help

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

It didn't work for me. I copied the file to the folder and ran the command but the 2-figer scrolling wasnot available.

I ran

gconftool -R /desktop/gnome/peripherals/touchpad
    and it says "scroll_method = 2" but nothing changed.
    “If we knew what it was we were doing, it would not be called research, would it?” ~ Don Alberto

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by MsKK View Post
    It didn't work for me. I copied the file to the folder and ran the command but the 2-figer scrolling wasnot available.

I ran

and it says "scroll_method = 2" but nothing changed.
    Some other things to check.

1. Make sure you remove the .txt extension from the download, and that it is in the correct directory.
    2. Make sure tap_to_click = true

Garvan

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

I just logged out and logged in again and now it is working... I'll see if it's still working when I restart but so far so good... Thanks!
    “If we knew what it was we were doing, it would not be called research, would it?” ~ Don Alberto

Beans

Sorry, I forgot to mention that it's necessary to log out or restart for the changes to take effect.

Page 6 of 32 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast