Thread: Xubuntu Internet Prob.

Smile Xubuntu Internet Prob.

What's Up?

OK, So After installing Xubuntu I couldent seem to get the net working, On my other computer with ubuntu, You just simply have to plug the etherport cable in and away you go.

Although you can see the eth0 in the edit connections bit, But you can use firefox, Seems weierd, to install Xubuntu alt. It needs the internet? So how'd it install?

Anyway, Anyone know how to get the net working?

Thanks Bye.

Beans

Re: Xubuntu Internet Prob.

I didn't understand what's your network configuration. Do you have a router? Are you trying to connect directly both computers? A cross-wired cable is needed to connect them directly. Someone correct me if i'm wrong.

Re: Xubuntu Internet Prob.

Quote Originally Posted by picknick View Post
    I didn't understand what's your network configuration. Do you have a router? Are you trying to connect directly both computers? A cross-wired cable is needed to connect them directly. Someone correct me if i'm wrong.
    The phone line go into my router (Orange Livebox) Then a red etherport cable connect to one computer, And a yellow one for the new computer, The computer with the yellow cable connected to it is the one where having trouble with.