Thread: Announcing Ubuntu Developer Week

Beans

Arrow Announcing Ubuntu Developer Week

Welcome to the Ubuntu Developer Week! We will have one week of action-packed sessions from Jan 25th 2010 to Jan 29th 2010!

Ubuntu Developer Week is a series of online workshops where you can:

• learn about different packaging techniques
    • find out more about different development teams
    • check out the efforts of the world-wide Development Community
    • participate in open Q&A sessions with Ubuntu developers
      much more…
    • All sessions will happen on IRC, and the best way to join is to use Lernid. (There are other ways too. )

If you’re not comfortable yet asking all your questions in English, we will have a couple of people helping to translate your questions and translating back the answers. Have a look at the Ubuntu Developer Week page to see how it works.

Like the sound of it? DIGG IT!

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: Announcing Ubuntu Developer Week

Sounds like a great learning opportunity. Especially since the time is right, 7am - Noon, West Coast Time.

I also like the Lernid to join in.

I'll have to mark my calendar.
    boot_info_script | AMD64 Athlon X2 Dual-Core - nVidia Geforce 6150 SE - 4GB DDR3

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu Development Release

Note that the add-apt steps in the lernid page will not work because there is no lucid repo and I had to manually edit the lernid source list to change "lucid" to "karmic" in /etc/apt/sources.list.d/
    Desktop: Unbranded, Q6600 2.4 ghz CPU, Intel DP35DP mobo, 4 GB RAM, 500 GB HDD, 128 GB SSD, NVIDIA 8800GT, Dell E248WFP LCD.
    Laptop: HP Pavilion tx1302au Turion64 X2 TL-58 1.9 ghz CPU, NVIDIA GeForce Go 6150, 2 GB RAM, 64 GB SSD, Broadcom 4321 Wifi.

Beans
    Distro

15 min to go! I actually upgraded my slow 512 kbps connection to 8 mbps at considerable expense for this week's classrooms
    Desktop: Unbranded, Q6600 2.4 ghz CPU, Intel DP35DP mobo, 4 GB RAM, 500 GB HDD, 128 GB SSD, NVIDIA 8800GT, Dell E248WFP LCD.
    Laptop: HP Pavilion tx1302au Turion64 X2 TL-58 1.9 ghz CPU, NVIDIA GeForce Go 6150, 2 GB RAM, 64 GB SSD, Broadcom 4321 Wifi.

Beans
    Distro

Inspired by the first couple of sessions by Daniel (dholbach) I went ahead and:

1. Visited my nearly 5 year old launchpad account gathering dust.
    2. Signed the Ubuntu Code of Conduct.
    3. Created a PPA called "kernels" here: https://launchpad.net/~vishalrao/+archive/kernels
    4. Uploaded patched kernel source package to fix this SSD issue: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1364671

Still have some noob issues - need to fix a few things - also test it on my own machine to verify it works or not - once its actually built

Many thanks to the Ubuntu folks who always take the time to run these classrooms!