Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

partition magic destroyed my Virtual disk in virtualbox

hey guys

I had windows 7 as guest on my ubuntu 9.10
    on virtualbox,
    I had a 20 GB of virtual disk, VDI

then I mounted this partition magic 8 bootable CD, to try it

it told me BAD partition, and asked me if it can fix it for me , I said fine fix it,
    then it restarted,
    now when I start it , it says
    a disk read error occurred
    press ctrl+alt+del to restart

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: partition magic destroyed my Virtual disk in virtualbox

Is it saying that only when you try to load your Win7 in virtualbox or your computer?

As far as I know, partitioning tools most times that can recognise virtual disks will read them as bad and make their best attempts to "fix" them by re-formatting that part to a linux (journaling) format, i.e. EXT2, EXT4, etc...

Or it will completely remove them. I could be wrong, but it happened to me before with Windows XP and I had to delete the partition from the virtual media manager in virtualbox and re-install windows. Sucks.... I'm not sure if it's possible to recover them unless you can reformat your virtual disk to NTFS I believe (but don't quote me on that) or whatever the windows partitions are normally formatted in.

Mine like I said didn't work though and I had to reinstall and lose the Zune, Star Downloader (best free download tool ever), registry cleaner, all that crap windows needs...
    When your entire life is measured in one moment, you change the concept of time.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

guys I fixed it , to hell with Partition magic that shows my partion as Bad !!!
    gparted fixed it !

thank you gparted :X KISSS

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Sweet.... GParted is the way to go I hear people with problems in Partition Magic often enough to just avoid it....
    When your entire life is measured in one moment, you change the concept of time.