Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Asus EEE-1005PE, (Possibly other pineviews too)

Beans

Re: Asus EEE-1005PE, (Possibly other pineviews too)

Quote Originally Posted by Hansmc View Post
    Thanks, chadraytay, for keeping us up with what is going on. I would be interested in knowing if any one else is having similar problems. Or is it just your system? Have you contacted Asus, to see if they know anything about this? Thanks, I will keep looking in.
    I'm also experiencing a problem with the touchpad and keyboard on the EEE-1005PE.

1. Xubuntu via Wubi worked fine... for a while. After a Xubuntu system update and a restart, the devices were inactive. I could plug in a USB keyboard and mouse and they worked fine, however.

2. I booted Ubuntu Netbook Remix 9.10 off of a USB, and the keyboard and touchpad worked fine.

3. I installed UNR to the hard drive, and upon restart the problem again manifests. I didn't try a USB keyboard or mouse yet.

That's all I've had time to find so far!

Beans

Installing the latest BIOS using the Windows 7 utility fixed the keyboard and mouse problems for me.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu UNR

Updating to the 0901 BIOS does fix the keyboard/mouse issue. Brightness control can be fixed with changing the following line:

GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT="quiet splash acpi_osi=Linux acpi_backlight=vendor"

in /etc/default/grub and then running update-grub2. (found this in other threads).

I was concerned about ubuntu's performance on my new netbook until I updated my BIOS. Now things work.

Beans

So, is everything working for Asus EEE 1005pe running Ubuntu? I'm intending to buy one it. Is the keyboard alright?

Thanks,
    Arthur

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12