Thread: Useing remote desktop viewer

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Useing remote desktop viewer

I want to try the remote desktop viewer. I am outta state, so obviously not trying to connect to a local network. How do I go about getting the info (ip, port, domain name etc, etc" I have someone at the comp I wanna connect to. Just dont know what or how to get the info needed. Any advice would be great.
    "If it ain't broken don't fix it", Just break it so you have to fix it!

Dell Optiplex Gx270 P4 2.40 ghz 1.5 gb Nvidia GEforce 440 64 megs. (Lappy, Dell inspiron 1440 dual core 4 megs)

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: Useing remote desktop viewer

http://ubuntulinuxhowto.blogspot.com...dns-no-ip.html

NO-IP.COM
    It's what I use for getting to my system
    So now I can go to a URL like mysubdomain.homeunix.com

via putty (Windows SSH Client), or if you open a port via Webmin, or a remote desktop shell ect.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Ok, I believe I have the info needed. I have 3 comp's on a network at home. 2 lappy's (wireless) and my desktop witch is connected to the wireless router. For some reason I can connect to one of the lappy's from the desktop, but When I try to connect from either of the lappy's thet try to connect to them selves.(I'll get a connect notification on the same computer I'm trying to connect from. The configuration is a bit confusing to me.

Dell Optiplex Gx270 P4 2.40 ghz 1.5 gb Nvidia GEforce 440 64 megs. (Lappy, Dell inspiron 1440 dual core 4 megs)

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

What kind of configuration is needed to connect to my windows machine useing tsclient. Do I need to set up a server on the windows 7 machine? And in the tsclient window, do I enter the Ipv4 address or default gateway?