after xorg.conf has been killed. Where do you go for configurations
I have a problem. In that (in order),
1. I tried to setup my second display as a non-mirroring display
2. that succeeded, however at the wrong resolution
3. Correct res wasn't available from display menu, so I manually edited the virtual display numbers in the "Screen" section. Reboot
4. That caused a black border to appear around my new second lcd.
5. I change xorg.conf back to the original, reboot
6. black border is still there, where at least it wasn't there before (even at the wrong resolution).
If xorg.conf is a crippled shadow of itself, and the graphical display configurations doesn't fix it for me, where do I go??
Where can I find the configuration which is causing this black border to appear ?
It simply wasn't there when it was auto-configured by ubuntu at first. Before I started trying to "improve" it.
p.s. I have a ATI card, in a sony vaio laptop, with an external samsung SyncMaster 2494hs 23.6" monitor (this is the one with the black border).
Last edited by svaens; January 18th, 2010 at 12:36 AM.
Reason: more info
Tags for this Thread