Page 15 of 29 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: Ubuntu and the Toshiba NB300 / NB305

Beans

Re: Ubuntu and the Toshiba NB300 / NB305

First I would like to thank Jim Charlton for this fix.

I have been using 9.10 for ~1yr on an Acer with no problems. I just bought the Toshiba
    NB305 and was having the suspend/hibernate resume issue.

Post number 138 did the trick so thanks also to sobolosrios.

Now just need fn f6/f7 fix for screen brightness

Beans

I think I have it figured out and so far it is working. I think I like hibernate better than suspend anyway. Thank you everyone.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by ckcoolic View Post
    I think I have it figured out and so far it is working. I think I like hibernate better than suspend anyway. Thank you everyone.
    I'm glad it is working now.

Beans

I just wanted to follow up. I'm still grateful for the workaround as it is better than without. However, I've still been having intermittent issues with resume from hibernate??
    Sometimes it works fine and other times it won't resume??
    Cheers

Beans

Smile Re: Ubuntu and the Toshiba NB300 / NB305

hibernate works now thx, it's good as any other I guess. Anyone got a clue about the black light issues, mine seems to be stuck in minimal light mode; I'd love to be able to scale that up and down next.

Beans

If you left the orig OS you could boot into Windows and try setting it there
    I haven't tried this but it seems logical

Beans

Power Manager problem

I've just installed 10.04 LTS as a dual-boot on my NB305 and my problem is with those low battery notices when I remove the power cord. The power manager notified me that I have FOUR MINUTES left and the laptop battery is critically low-- although it is fully charged at 100%. I do not think my battery went bad, as battery life with Windows 7 Starter is at 6 hours.

Do I need to do an update or add an line to some file? If you can help, that would be great. Thanks!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Smile Re: Ubuntu and the Toshiba NB300 / NB305

I would suggest Ubuntu 10.04 as it will have the latest support for device drivers (such as bluetooth etc). As for the pre-mature low battery warning....can't remember how to solve it...there was a post somewhere around here addressing the same issue.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

I found a better fix for suspend/hibernate that doesn't drain power down.
    When the netbook is starting up, press F2 to enter the BIOS, goto the "Advanced" tab and select "Dynamic CPU Frequency Mode:" and set it to "Always low". I'm now working on a solution for the capslock light, and screen backlight controls. I've also made some changes which get me 8-9 hours of battery life, which is better but still a ways off of what Windows gets.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewX192 View Post
    I found a better fix for suspend/hibernate that doesn't drain power down.
    When the netbook is starting up, press F2 to enter the BIOS, goto the "Advanced" tab and select "Dynamic CPU Frequency Mode:" and set it to "Always low". I'm now working on a solution for the capslock light, and screen backlight controls. I've also made some changes which get me 8-9 hours of battery life, which is better but still a ways off of what Windows gets.
    Thanks Sobolosrios and Andrew! Andrew's fix works for my nb305 perfectly. Would you mind sharing how you tweaked the battery life?

Page 15 of 29 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast