Page 2 of 29 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Ubuntu and the Toshiba NB300 / NB305

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Re: Ubuntu and the Toshiba NB300 / NB305

I can also confirm the suspend/hibernate problem on nb305-n310 with ubuntu 9.10(not netbook remix).

I am not however experiencing connectivity problems with the wifi at all. Only thing, if you go into window$ and disable the wifi adapter (Fn+F8 ), logging in to ubuntu later has the adapter deactivated and unable to reactivate unless you re-login to window$ and do it.

Sound and sound controls work great, other Fn function keys do not work.

I agree that at least only fixing the suspend would be a delight....

Any news if that will happen on the upcoming ubuntu version?

EDIT: Can also confirm wifi instability;losing connection usually when there is a lot of traffic. The backports fix mentioned seems to work, haven't experienced problems since installing backport modules.
    Last edited by linuxgr; March 11th, 2010 at 12:36 AM.

Beans

I've recently bought a toshiba nb305 and immediately put ubuntu karmic on it. I'm very new to this but im learning pretty well, i just have one issue that i cannot fix... I want to ad hoc to my other pc and share internet but everytime i try, it wont allow me to connect... it has the option in network manager and im pretty sure i updated everyting i needed to... any ideas?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

I also have this laptop and would like to see a fix for this problem.
    "Hibernate and Suspend"

(for me web-cam works.)
    Last edited by ARCTURUS323; March 10th, 2010 at 05:36 PM.

Beans

i found out that my issue has to deal with encryption. Anytime i try to connect to an encrypted wireless network it asks me over and over again for the password. Occasionally it will completely kill network manager. any ideas anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by skittles86 View Post
    I've recently bought a toshiba nb305 and immediately put ubuntu karmic on it. I'm very new to this but im learning pretty well, i just have one issue that i cannot fix... I want to ad hoc to my other pc and share internet but everytime i try, it wont allow me to connect... it has the option in network manager and im pretty sure i updated everyting i needed to... any ideas?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

You can't connect to a encrypted network unless its your own or you have the key to use it.

Beans

I just purchased an NB405-N410BL this weekend, and promptly installed Ubuntu Network Remix. Installing the backpatches fixed the wireless for me. Webcam works in Cheese, but I haven't tried it elsewhere. Wired internet works fine of course.

I love the netbook, but wanted to chime in that I'm also running into the suspend/hibernate problem. s2disk didn't work well for me either (I tested it a couple of times, but need to delve into it further when I have time). I have not tried TuxOnlce, since it looks like it could take a while to install/compile and test it. Has anyone tried TuxOnlce on these Toshiba netbooks?

Cheers,
    Michael

Beans

There is an open ticket for the suspend issue:
    https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+s...ux/+bug/508516

Just needs to get some attention.
    Last edited by rhettg; March 18th, 2010 at 10:52 PM. Reason: clarifying the issue

Beans

I followed the exact setup on creating a bootable USB on Mac. But when I put the USB in my Toshiba and tell it to boot from USB, it doesn’t, it goes straight to Windows 7. I checked the USB and it is does behave as an img in Mac so the mounting of the image is correct.

I used Terminal in Mac and followed instructions provided in Ubuntu documentation, so I think my USB is right, but there is some miss communication between USB and Toshiba. Please help!

Beans

I just bought an NB305 and was excited to try out a Linux OS for the first time, but not being able to sleep properly is a deal-breaker... it's a bummer, I was really looking forward to Ubuntu Remix. And 7 Starter is ugh.

Here's hoping there's a fix soon!

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by sodivided View Post
    I just bought an NB305 and was excited to try out a Linux OS for the first time, but not being able to sleep properly is a deal-breaker... it's a bummer, I was really looking forward to Ubuntu Remix. And 7 Starter is ugh.

Here's hoping there's a fix soon!
    Consider trying Ubuntu 10.04 Beta 1 it has better hardware support for my Laptop than 9.10, in 9.10 resume from suspend no, in 10.04 yes.

Page 2 of 29 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast