Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tuquito linux in English? How does one do it?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Tuquito linux in English? How does one do it?

Tuquito Linux es una distribución Linux muy buena y funciona muy bien en mi Acer NETBOOK pero como usted sabe, es en español.

Yo no hablo español. Puedo utilizar Google para traducir esto.

¿Podría usted ayudarme a cambiar mi Tuquito Linux para tener texto en Inglés?

Recuerdos

Nooby

original text

Tuquito Linux is a very good linux distro and works very good on my Acer Netbook but as you know it is in Spanish.

I don't talk Spanish. I use google to translate this.

Could you help me change my Tuquito Linux to have text in English?

Regards

Nooby
    Acer D250 netbook Win7, Netrunner (Kubuntu) HP/Compaq SR5622SC Vista Dual boot Puppy Linux frugal install

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: Tuquito linux in English? How does one do it?

Quote Originally Posted by nooby View Post
    Tuquito Linux es una distribución Linux muy buena y funciona muy bien en mi Acer NETBOOK pero como usted sabe, es en español.

Yo no hablo español. Puedo utilizar Google para traducir esto.

¿Podría usted ayudarme a cambiar mi Tuquito Linux para tener texto en Inglés?

Recuerdos

Nooby

original text

Tuquito Linux is a very good linux distro and works very good on my Acer Netbook but as you know it is in Spanish.

I don't talk Spanish. I use google to translate this.

Could you help me change my Tuquito Linux to have text in English?

Regards

Nooby
    Nooby, Tuquito Linux is based on Ubuntu Linux. I've moved the thread just in case somebody can help you with this subject, here in Argentina.

Have you contacted the developers? http://blog.tuquito.org.ar/contacto/

website http://www.tuquito.org.ar/ (you'll see Forums, blog, download, donations, development areas in Spanish)

Please read this http://blog.tuquito.org.ar/2009/11/2...to-31-avances/

Nooby, Tuquito Linux esta basado en Ubuntu Linux. Movi el thread para el caso en que alguien pueda ayudarte con este asunto, aqui en Argentina.
    Last edited by guillermolisi; January 6th, 2010 at 08:16 PM. Reason: more info
    Guillermo Lisi
    ----------------
    Minds are like parachutes. They only function when they are open.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Oops sorry. I thought it was 100% Ubuntu with a few added programs and especially made for Spanish talking persons.

I have to read up on what it is then.

Thanks indeed for kind treatment of a totally off topic post then.

google suggests this translation

¡Uy lo siento. Pensé que era 100% de Ubuntu con algunos programas y añade hecho especialmente para personas que hablan español.

Tengo que leer sobre lo que es entonces.

Gracias de hecho, para el buen trato de un puesto de tema totalmente fuera de entonces.
    I sure want to trust you that it is not related to Ubuntu then but DistroWatch made me thin it was. Read this:

http://distrowatch.com/table.php?distribution=tuquito

# Based on: Debian, Ubuntu
    # Origin: Argentina

Tuquito is a Ubuntu-based distribution and live CD made in Argentina.
    But maybe it is only Debian and nothing of Ubuntu then?
    Last edited by nooby; January 6th, 2010 at 08:20 PM.
    Acer D250 netbook Win7, Netrunner (Kubuntu) HP/Compaq SR5622SC Vista Dual boot Puppy Linux frugal install

Beans
    Distro

Oops sorry. I thought it was 100% Ubuntu with a few added programs and especially made for Spanish talking persons.

I have to read up on what it is then.

Thanks indeed for kind treatment of a totally off topic post then.

google suggests this translation

I sure want to trust you that it is not related to Ubuntu then but DistroWatch made me thin it was. Read this:

http://distrowatch.com/table.php?distribution=tuquito

But maybe it is only Debian and nothing of Ubuntu then?
    Nooby, I apologize for the very first version of my post. As now I say, Tuquito IS based on Ubuntu (and you are right).

Tuquito was "born" in Tucuman province, Argentina.

I added some links to help you to contact developers or how to get your Tuquito installation run in English.
    Guillermo Lisi
    ----------------

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Thanks,

I wrote a comment on their youtube and an email to one of the guys on their blog so hopefully they contact me.

It works wonderful on my Acer Notebook D250 which very few distros does. I've tested maybe some 30 distros and a handful of them work. Linux Mint is one of the best but maybe Tuquido is better.

Both took both wired and wireless connection out of the box.

Nooby

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Installing the English Locale Packages from Synaptic i hope...

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

That maybe would work. I have never needed to learn how one does that to a USB memory though. I had hoped that package already was in the iso and that one could activate it by some click on a gui?

I don't want to install it due to my computer brand new. Some two month and the OEM says that one lose warranty if one tamper with the partition on the HDD. So I need to have it on USB memory stick.

Beans
    Distro

That maybe would work. I have never needed to learn how one does that to a USB memory though. I had hoped that package already was in the iso and that one could activate it by some click on a gui?

I don't want to install it due to my computer brand new. Some two month and the OEM says that one lose warranty if one tamper with the partition on the HDD. So I need to have it on USB memory stick.
    Do you boot Tuquito from USB pendrive ?. Ok, if you have space enough you could install that package for English language once you have Tuquito running from de USB stick. It is the same process for a hard disk. Your HD remains "as is", without changes.
    Guillermo Lisi
    ----------------

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

guillermolisi, yes if one know how to in spanish that would most likely work. I have now some two or three years experience of me almost always failing to do such things. Even in windows. Flash and such.

I am not good at understanding texts. But I have used computers almost daily since 1986 or so. took me years to even set up Outlok Express mail. I had to use Opera own built in Mail instead. or to go webmail.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

But to call up synaptic one have to know how to find that place on the tuquito to get into synaptic. Everything is in Spanish So I have no idea what to click on.

Am I alone being an English alone user liking the Tuquito Linux?

Yes I wrote to one of the person who was listed on their home page but no answer.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast