Thread: Xfce and Xubuntu

Beans

Question Xfce and Xubuntu

Hey all! So I've had it with the gnome-settings-daemon and have installed xfce. I'm still getting a similar type warning and when I booted with the Xubuntu LiveCD a crash report has detected a kernel issue. Strange since it's been working with only security updates for almost 2 years. Anyway, the ? I have is Xubuntu like Xfce, or the other way around? This issue with things not working is really ruining my computing experience. I won't go back to that other OS so I need a solution!

At least with xfce I can 'continue anyway' and all appears to work once the desktop appears. Gnome just totally 'makes a mess of itself' with the same scenario!

TIA,
    Debian Stable
    FluxBox
    Mark Your Thread Solved

Beans

Re: Xfce and Xubuntu

xfce is a desktop, like gnome, kde or lxde. yes xubuntu uses xfce for it's desktop.

you don't need gnome-settings-daemon on xfce, that's for gnome.

Beans

Re: Xfce and Xubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by kerry_s View Post
    xfce is a desktop, like gnome, kde or lxde. yes xubuntu uses xfce for it's desktop.

you don't need gnome-settings-daemon on xfce, that's for gnome.
    Thank you for the prompt response! I've since reinstalled both of my kernels and all is well but I'm inclined to CMA... Am warming up the drives to repartition and make triple boot.

Debian Stable
    FluxBox
    Mark Your Thread Solved